PO: Cartel- Chroma via ETR ON SALE TODAY at 4:24pm Est

Lol at Jason Tate on absolute punk

Respect the band. If I'm a label and the band is upset I'm selling and profiting off their music without their consent -- I'd pull the release and respect the artist.

That's just me, but I think the band's wishes are where I'll always default."

So ETR should just eat an entire pressing?

It's called the music BUSINESS for a reason.  If they were that upset about this or ETR did something illegal then the PRO move would have been to get attorney's involved.  Seeing that it wasn't handled that way then most likely nothing sketchy took place.  If your that bummed out then pick up a copy from them on tour, I'll probably get both because this record rules.

Respect the band. If I'm a label and the band is upset I'm selling and profiting off their music without their consent -- I'd pull the release and respect the artist.

They definitely should not, so many kids don't have a fucking clue.

And how much profit do you think ETR is actually pulling?  My guess isn't much considering the pressing is of a 1,000 copies.  Why would management / members be into the project then magically never hear of it on release day?

Cartel are a great band, with what I can only hope are good dudes.

that being said, I think the way they went about this was harmful to ETR.

The label put a lot of time and money into this release, as any label should do. (THANKS BY THE WAY)

bad press from the band could hurt ETR's future sales and reputation. 

What happens if Cartel talks up a "special" release and never follows through with it?.... absolutely nothing. 

To wrap this up... The music is the bands business.  write it, preform it, tour on it until your eyes bleed and your wallets overflow.

let the labels and managers and licensers handle the rest. 

I was gonna respond to that but that website gives me a fucking headache and I don't feel like dealing with everyone teaming up and agreeing with jason just because he owns the site 

"@CARTEL i bought the vinyl release of Chroma...it was hard to pass up the ability to hear "A" on a splatter design disc" - @dustyhall87

I don't know who Cartel is but darn, if guys want the record buy it. If you're dedicate to some moral upstanding then hold-off. This whole "Imma cancel cause some dude on the band's Twitter said so" stuff is nuts. These are records, not crazy blood-oaths.

I was gonna respond to that but that website gives me a fucking headache and I don't feel like dealing with everyone teaming up and agreeing with jason just because he owns the site

Yea I get mad pretty quickly reading that site.

Also last time I saw cartel they were a bunch of rock star douchebags.

For the record, I offered to make the band a tour or webstore variant and GIVE TO IT THEM AT COST, not wholesale...LABEL COST which although is pricey because it is a major label license...I still feel is more than fair.   I offered to give them full approval on everything and let me handle all the logistics with major label licensing. The manager has been VERY nice on the phone and email every time we have spoke so I am not sure who runs these accounts but someone is very bitter and handling this unprofessionally in my opinion.  I didn't have to reach out to the band at all & most labels who are doing this sort of thing rarely do. I have been a fan of the band for a decade and did the right thing by reaching out to multiple members of their camp. The fact that they are straight up denying knowing about this is messed up, especially when I informed them that I am obligated to make at least another 500 copies in the next couple years. Their manager very much understood and understands where I am coming from, as I understand that being a band who does not own your masters SUCKS which is why i offered to sell them copies or a variant AT COST from day one.  They were on board and then after the contract was signed with the label and the wheels were in motion , communication stopped so what am I supposed to do. Not to mention dozens of people on here, have been begging for a pressing of this for years & i know for a fact that another competing label already was in line for the license so I doubt the band would have been the first to release this regardless.

Does Jason Tate (who seems like a decent dude) ask an artist's permission every time he posts about them on his website? Because people clicking on his articles and links is what (through advertising) generates him revenue. If Brand New and Blink 182 asked him to never post about their bands on his website, would he?