Joyce Manor | Never Hungover Again | 07/22/14

Like this issue has anything to do with the label that released the album.

Fair enough, but I've had more problems with albums released by Epitaph than probably any other label.  Whoever they're using to press their records is doing a subpar job.

Is it still playable? I received the clear, too, but can't listen til next week.

Yeah, it plays ok, the B-side just has a bit of a warbly quality to it.

I need somebody to confirm this. I went to the record release in Brooklyn last night and it was my first time seeing Joyce Manor. Man, did they blow me away. I haven't heard a band sound quite that good live in a long time. The tones, the vocals, the everything, it sounded perfect. I am wondering, is it just the shitty venues (minus the social) in Orlando that made me feel this way about Joyce Manor and I am now in a place with venues that care about their sound, or is Joyce Manor just fucking good live?

I need somebody to confirm this. I went to the record release in Brooklyn last night and it was my first time seeing Joyce Manor. Man, did they blow me away. I haven't heard a band sound quite that good live in a long time. The tones, the vocals, the everything, it sounded perfect. I am wondering, is it just the shitty venues (minus the social) in Orlando that made me feel this way about Joyce Manor and I am now in a place with venues that care about their sound, or is Joyce Manor just fucking good live?

They're good live. Fuck shitty sound guys.

What's the tour press?

Maybe record release, idk, my wellinformed friend told me about it, I'll let you know when I get it.

I'm actually going to the Social for the first time tomorrow to see Ceremony, so it's relieving to me that you said that is the one good venue. 

And Joyce Manor are just really good live. They're playing in Tampa at a very, very, very small DIY "art space" on this tour, and if you happen to be in FL, I would really recommend seeing them there. 

So? Nothing wrong with short songs, just listen to their LPs twice instead of once!

These guys need to learn how to write longer songs. I think all of their work adds up to less than an hour

Totally doubt they could maintain the energy and appeal of their music with long songs.