Joyce Manor | Never Hungover Again | 07/22/14

I think a girl got knocked unconscious when someone's jumped off the stage.

Jump to a minute. No one got hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LalVmgtcK-U

In my opinion, when you go to shows like this you should expect people to be moving around (whether that is stage diving or pushing one another around) so if you're up front you should be prepared. And I feel that most bands are stoked when the fans are into it, instead of them just standing there bobbing their heads.

It's pretty simple I think.  If you're at a punk or hardcore show, you can expect stage diving.  There's always a risk if you're in the pit.  However, if you weigh 250lbs, don't fucking stage dive.  Also don't jump in feet first.  Don't jump where some other dude jumped 5 seconds ago.  It pretty much comes down to what Casey said, just don't be a fucking dick about it.  

Here's a full Citizen set from last weekend:

At one point, there are more fans on stage about to jump than there are band members. Also, what's with the weird "jump-and-roll"? It looks like they're doing half-assed somersaults and I sure as fuck don't wanna be on the receiving end of that.

Hahahaha that was seriously painful.

You can pretty much sum the majority of that crowd up by the kid wearing the Citizen shirt who front flip stage dives into the crowd while smashing 3 peoples faces when his legs come down on them.  So many of those kids need to be punched in the face.

Chain Reaction is the worst when it comes to stage diving. There are people stage diving between songs and during slow songs to every band I've seen there.

I don't see stage diving is inherently wrong, but everything parkinglot said is true. My biggest issue is when I see the same 6 kids stagediving 10 times per song, every song, for every band playing. Be respectful, keep stagediving to a minimum. Some of these kids think that being an asshole gives them punk points or something.

The worst trend I've been seeing recently are kids stagediving while holding their fucking cell phones in front of them and taking selfie videos. Need those Instagram likes, amirite?

Stage diving is a norm at punk shows. But if you're a 6 ft 150+ lb guy then you should really consider not hurling yourself on top of smaller people.

It's just such a joke when it gets to the point that it does in that Citizen set.  The majority of that crowd is probably 15-18.  They just all rush the stage for their moment of glory, completely taking away from the atmosphere, and actual fun in stage diving.

I think it's dope when someone times a stage dive perfectly with an awesome part of a song, or even just a couple people a song during the louder parts or the chorus or something, but there's no need to rush the stage over and over and over during a mellow song.

My biggest issue is when I see the same 6 kids stagediving 10 times per song, every song, for every band playing.  Some of these kids think that being an asshole gives them punk points or something.

AMEN. Crowdsurfing is fine with me. Jumping and flipping into a crowd, over and over again, and kicking people is not cool.

I need to find that title fight set where's it's literally non stop.

My first *real* punk show was Title Fight and Balance & Composure in 2010.  I was 16 and I was not ready for what came.  About 5 people during TF's set pulled the "lets see how far I can get sprinting across the crowds heads", and on top of that, non stop stage diving.

Seeing these dudes Saturday so excited!

I hate stage diving. There's a kid here who my friends and i call "pop-punk kid," who stage dives every fucking song feet first with these boots with like metal on them. He hit my friend once and my friend grabbed him and punched him hard in the face. it was amazing. I hate seeing him at shows haha. 

Barry talked 3 times in the middle of songs and each time was a rant about how stupid people are for crowd surfing and stage diving. The music was good, but I don't really like preaching no matter what the subject. It's embarrassing to watch for me.

eDit: this was in reference to the question being asked on how the show was

Stage diving is one of the most selfish, asshole things you can do at a show.  Only thing that tops it (IMO) is grabbing the mic from someone who's singing and yelling into it.  I paid to watch the band play, not watch you live out your fantasy of being on stage for a second.

Serious props to any band who calls people out for stage diving.

I would say a good majority of bands encourage and like stage diving/ crowd surfing.if you don't like being jumped on/having people land on you don't stand in the splash zone...it's like standing at the actual front and getting mad when people push forward..

The older I got the more I realized that shows are more enjoyable (from an actually listening to/watching the band play aspect) the farther you are from any section where you have to constantly worry about your surroundings. Yea, when I was younger I thought it was fun to be up close and jump around or whatever, but now I realize I paid to see a performance.

Long story short, if you are young and enjoy hurting people/getting hurt then knock yourself out. I'll be towards the back drinking a beer and enjoying the show.

The older I got the more I realized that shows are more enjoyable (from an actually listening to/watching the band play aspect) the farther you are from any section where you have to constantly worry about your surroundings. Yea, when I was younger I thought it was fun to be up close and jump around or whatever, but now I realize I paid to see a performance.

Long story short, if you are young and enjoy hurting people/getting hurt then knock yourself out. I'll be towards the back drinking a beer and enjoying the show.

Exactly, the show isnt less enjoyable from the back. if you dont like the atmosphere up front then stand in the back no ones forcing people to get jumped on, theyre choosing to stand where thats a possibility

Stage diving is one of the most selfish, asshole things you can do at a show.  Only thing that tops it (IMO) is grabbing the mic from someone who's singing and yelling into it.  I paid to watch the band play, not watch you live out your fantasy of being on stage for a second.

Serious props to any band who calls people out for stage diving.

Cop spotted