Joyce Manor | Never Hungover Again | 07/22/14

Stage diving rules; if you don't like it, get to the back (where I hang out now, because I'm old.) The same goes for bands. Fuck anyone who thinks they can publicly humiliate a fan like that. I'm disappointed the stage diver didn't tell that butthead to stop whining and start singing, then immediately head walk all the way to the back of the room. Anyone that goes to a punk show and doesn't wanna see a high energy connection between the audience and band is, in my opinion, doing it wrong. From day one, the reason I started going to punk shows was to feel like I was a part of that connection, be it in the crowd when I was young, or in the back with my beer. Unless lagwagon are playing. Without that, it just feels stale.

After watching the Houston version of the shaming, idk how I feel about this band anymore. I get the whole thing of them not wanting stage diving and all, blah blah blah, but completely humiliating A FAN and calling them a piece of shit and child, while you're acting like a child yourself is absurd. Looks like my Sunday night is gojng to be free now.

calling the guy a "staight edge piece of shit" definitely wasnt the best decision but if a band doesnt want you to stage dive at their show, it shouldnt be that big of a deal. 

no, you are in punk band, don't tell your audience what to and what not to do. 

also book shows in venues with barricades and problem solved in fashion.

This is laughable, to me. Why is this any if my concern, and why do I care? Me personally. I've non-chalantly been looking at this over the last few days, and I could not care less. This discussion has been had at least a dozen times over the past year or so, and it's sure to die off in two or three days.

Obviously I care enough about this to post about it, but on the spectrum of things, I'm only slightly more worried about how the series finale of Dharma and Greg ended.

That is to say I'm kept awake at night with it.

This is laughable, to me. Why is this any if my concern, and why do I care? Me personally. I've non-chalantly been looking at this over the last few days, and I could not care less. This discussion has been had at least a dozen times over the past year or so, and it's sure to die off in two or three days.

Obviously I care enough about this to post about it, but on the spectrum of things, I'm only slightly more worried about how the series finale of Dharma and Greg ended.

That is to say I'm kept awake at night with it.

You're stoned.

(I agree)