Joyce Manor | Never Hungover Again | 07/22/14

These guys need to learn how to write longer songs. I think all of their work adds up to less than an hour

As an artist, I say there aren't really any rules to the length of a song unless it's for the radio which is a whole different story. I'm sure they're capable of writing longer songs haha. As a fan of their music, I personally like how their songs are short and to the point, it makes me want to listen more and more. A lot of punk songs are shorter than the average song, so I feel like it kind of pays homage to that too whether they're doing it on purpose or not.

/my thoughts

I'm actually going to the Social for the first time tomorrow to see Ceremony, so it's relieving to me that you said that is the one good venue. 

Yeah, the social is awesome. The sound guy gets carried away with the bass once in a while but it's still pretty great. Much much better than the beachem next door which is a night club turned joke of a venue.

I finally listed to these tracks today. I enjoyed it. WAY better than OATIWSGT. I didn't even feel like that was a complete album. Definitely not as good as their S/T. I'm not sure anything will beat the spastic energy of that record. Nice maturation here though.

I gotta spin the LP soon. A little worried about the pressed off center comments.

Yeah, the social is awesome. The sound guy gets carried away with the bass once in a while but it's still pretty great. Much much better than the beachem next door which is a night club turned joke of a venue.

I've started to like Backbooth way more than the Social. Been there a few times this year and haven't had a bad experience, yet. Plus Joyce Manor is playing there in September.

I feel the same way. I'll buy a vinyl copy when it's available for less than $25 shipped.

Local record store? I always "special order" stuff, not sure if a local shop is an option for you. Also, you could order from hot topic~ and have it shipped to the store for like $22.50 I believe.

But yeah, I expect there to eventually be cheaper prices like on amazon to where the LP is less than $23ppd