Riot Fest 2015

Tardcore

Metric aren't "massive" up here.  Billy Talent aren't as big as they used to be either. 

Billy Talent have two triple platinum records, one double platinum record and one gold record in Canada. Metric have two platinum records and a gold record in Canada. City & Colour have one platinum record in Canada, too. So yeah, I'd say "massive" is accurate for those three artists.

EDIT: Both Stars and DFA79 have one gold record a piece in Canada, too. musiccanada.com is a great resource!

Billy Talent have two triple platinum records, one double platinum record and one gold record in Canada. Metric have two platinum records and a gold record in Canada. City & Colour have one platinum record in Canada, too. So yeah, I'd say "massive" is accurate for those three artists.

EDIT: Both Stars and DFA79 have one gold record a piece in Canada, too. musiccanada.com is a great resource!

I think this applies a lot more for the "casual music fan", which I don't think Riot Fest will draw a whole lot of, despite some big Canadian acts.  Especially since Billy Talent, Metric, and City and Colour are constantly playing shows all over Canada.

Billy Talent headlines the Sound Academy in Toronto when they play here now.  Bands that headline Sound Academy are by no means MASSIVE.

To put that in perspective, Steel Panther are headlining a show there.  I would not call them MASSIVE.

About 10 years ago BT were MASSIVE up here, but as someone who lives in the GTA I can assure you people don't really give a shit about them anymore.

Billy Talent headlines the Sound Academy in Toronto when they play here now. Bands that headline Sound Academy are by no means MASSIVE.

To put that in perspective, Steel Panther are headlining a show there. I would not call them MASSIVE.

About 10 years ago BT were MASSIVE up here, but as someone who lives in the GTA I can assure you people don't really give a shit about them anymore.

But they moved units, man

During a proper album tour cycle Billy Talent play the ACC, which is where they played during their last proper tour for Dead Silence. Playing Sound Academy last year was a one off for the 10th anniversary of their first album. I'm not a huge fan myself ( my 6 year old son is) but I'd have to agree with Scott, I'm not sure what constitutes "massive" but they're one of the few Canadian bands who can still successfully tour arenas across the country.

Seeing the buzzcocks would be very cool.  I haven't had a chance to see them live yet.

I love the Buzzcocks.  However, I saw them at the Double Door in 2009 (I think?) and was a bit disapointed. 

Some of those 70's bands still got it and put on a great show (the Dickies still slay), but these guys weren't really up to the task of being the Buzzcocks anymore.

beside the lineups coming out next week, riot fest also said they have another big surprise for Toronto. I assume that means, there's a big headliner playing all three that they couldn't announce until this week. 

I heard there's another batch of bands that they're still going to announce as well.