Riot Fest 2015

Tardcore

What's all this poppycock I'm hearing about David Bowie playing Riot Fest this year?

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

probably has something to do with riot fest posting this photo on facebook: 

10307178_10152204769918737_5115924521842

but it also said: "This isn't a line up hint, it's just a cool picture of a 16 year old Sid Vicious going to a David Bowie concert in 1973. Everybody just relax."

the rumors are getting out of hand. everyone just need to calm down. 

I love the Buzzcocks.  However, I saw them at the Double Door in 2009 (I think?) and was a bit disapointed. 

Some of those 70's bands still got it and put on a great show (the Dickies still slay), but these guys weren't really up to the task of being the Buzzcocks anymore.

That's a shame.  But I'll still end up checking them out (probably).

probably has something to do with riot fest posting this photo on facebook: 

10307178_10152204769918737_5115924521842

but it also said: "This isn't a line up hint, it's just a cool picture of a 16 year old Sid Vicious going to a David Bowie concert in 1973. Everybody just relax."

the rumors are getting out of hand. everyone just need to calm down. 

Awww gotcha.  Wouldn't it be more realistic to start a rumor that the Sex Pistols are playing?

I know they posted they had one more "big" announcement for Toronto and the Chicago and Denver line-ups were getting announced today.  That's probably why the rumors are getting dumb.

That being said it would be pretty awesome if David Bowie did play.  But I'm pretty sure he said he's not doing any kind of touring because he wants to be with his family.

Their publicist told me both Chicago and Denver lineups were being announced today, dunno what time though. Last year, it was announced at like 7 or 8pm, so they might be going for the same thing this time too.

The following is a list of bands I strongly, strongly suspect are playing Riot Fest Chicago, but cannot officially confirm. Take this list with a grain of salt if you choose to (although remember I was the first person to post about the Replacements reunion in last year's Riot Fest thread and no one believed me then, either).

The Cure

The Offspring

Bad Religion

Stiff Little Fingers

Naked Raygun

Twenty One Pilots

Mineral

The Get Up Kids

Silverstein

Senses Fail

Say Anything

Saves The Day

Reggie And The Full Effect

Modern Baseball

Red City Radio

Somos

The Hotelier

Citizen

They are coming yesterday.

Even better!

I'd be so jealous if Naked Raygun play Chicago and not Toronto.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.  Those dudes are getting up there and it seems they tend to only play Chicago for the most part since they are from Chicago.  For your sake I hope that isn't the case.

The cure seem a little big for this festival and dont really fit the one hour headlining sit these bands get...these guys play for 3 hours

riot fest is kind of a wild card. most of the crowd is into shit like blink 182 and fall out boy, but the promoters are big on getting legacy acts that could play bigger shows, but choose to do riot fest to play a different kind of crowd. (ie replacements, pixies, violent femmes, blondie, joan jett last year). 

they would probably have to be given a 2 hour set though. 

The Cure headlined Lolla and ACL last year. That is an 80k to 100k crowd

I would be shocked if they play Riotfest

Eventhough the Replacements seemed huge, it was huge to music nerds not to casual fans. The Pixies would have been a big draw 10 years ago but they have been going at it and have played everywhere since so its not a big deal

Yes the lineup is getting more diverse(what fest hasnt) and surely has grown from when the Blue Meanies and Bollweevils were headlining but The Cure would really surprise me

Eventhough the Replacements seemed huge, it was huge to music nerds not to casual fans. The Pixies would have been a big draw 10 years ago but they have been going at it and have played everywhere since so its not a big deal

Yes the lineup is getting more diverse(what fest hasnt) and surely has grown from when the Blue Meanies and Bollweevils were headlining but The Cure would really surprise me

I was kind of thinking the same thing, but at the same time Riot Fest has only gotten bigger each year.  So part of me wouldn't be shocked.

Were you at Riot Fest last year? Pixies' crowd was fucking massive. Probably the biggest of the whole weekend.

Also, rumor has it they're trying to use more of Humboldt Park this year to up the capacity for Riot Fest to 100k.

Were you at Riot Fest last year? Pixies' crowd was fucking massive. Probably the biggest of the whole weekend.

Also, rumor has it they're trying to use more of Humboldt Park this year to up the capacity for Riot Fest to 100k.

Very true.  I know they added a big chunk of the park that wasn't part of it the year before.  Also didn't they add another stage?  I would definitely expect it to be an even bigger space this year.  

Also there was a fuckton of people at the Pixies show.

Even better!

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.  Those dudes are getting up there and it seems they tend to only play Chicago for the most part since they are from Chicago.  For your sake I hope that isn't the case.

I know.  They played Pouzza the year I went, but I couldn't get into the show because it was "at capacity".

Since I live in Denver, I was at Denver last year

Yes so people watched the Pixies but that still doesnt mean they draw like they did as sub headliners in 2004 at Coachella on one of their first shows in years.

Blink 182 had a huge crowd too. Does that mean they are drawing 100k people

Like I said, I would be shocked. 100k? that is the biggest festivals in this country draw. I cant see that