Riot Fest 2015

Tardcore

just got home today.

everything was amazing except for the mud, and the sole getting ripped off the bottom of one of my chucks on the first day.

i spent the next two days with it tied onto my foot with the shoelaces.

seeing mineral twice in two days was a dream come true.

i talked to chris from mineral a little at the double door show, and he said there's a good chance of a gloria record reunion, as well as finally issuing an album they recorded but never released.

bands i caught:

day 1:

title fight

gwar

failure

nofx

gogol bordello

offspring

janes addiction

day 2:
samiam

7 seconds

dandy warhols

the world is a beautiful place

die antwoord

afghan whigs

get up kids

flaming lips

mineral (after show)

day 3 (slept in a little)

superchunk

naked raygun

mineral

mudhoney

the cure (got there early to get a close spot, watched social distortion from the monitors while waiting)

it was a fucking amazing time, and worth all the bullshit i went thru to get the money and make it out there.

edit: what ever happened to alkaline trio and thurstin moore being on the bill.

i could have sworn they were booked.

just got home today.

everything was amazing except for the mud, and the sole getting ripped off the bottom of one of my chucks on the first day.

edit: what ever happened to alkaline trio and thurstin moore being on the bill.

On Saturday, I saw the entire sole of a pair of Vans embedded in the mud near the Rise stage. There must've been a ton of wrecked shoes this weekend.

Don't ever remember Alk3 in the bill (they played RF in 2012), and Thurston Moore had visa issues.

On Saturday, I saw the entire sole of a pair of Vans embedded in the mud near the Rise stage. There must've been a ton of wrecked shoes this weekend.

Don't ever remember Alk3 in the bill (they played RF in 2012), and Thurston Moore had visa issues.

From what I remember, Al3 was booked but had to back out because they booked the discography shows in Chicago. 

Fortunately for me, the day before Riot Fest, I had gone out and bought boots with some friends due to incredible foresight.

Day 1:

Title Fight, GWAR, Senses Fail, We Came As Romans, Pity Sex, and Rise Against
Day 2:
Rx Bandits, Streetlight Manifesto, TWIABP, Saosin, Say Anything, and Citizen
Day 3:
The Menzingers, The Front Bottoms, Silverstein, Tiny Moving Parts, Dads, and Modern Baseball

Friday night was such a mess. I was staying near a Sports Authority, so I went and purchased hiking sneakers to deal with the mud for the rest of the weekend.

Day 1: Had no interest in being out in the rain..

Red City Radio, The Offspring, Jane's Addiction, Rise Against. TGUK aftershow

Day 2:

City & Colour, Face To Face, Jessica Hernandez & the Deltas, Restorations, Me First & The GImme GImmes, Dashboard Confessional, Skaters, Cock Sparrer, Descendents, Taking Back Sunday

Day 3: (did a few half sets)

The Menzingers, The Bouncing Souls, The Front Bottoms, Pup, The Hold Steady, Andrew WK, Motion City Soundtrack, Lucero, Mineral, Modern Baseball, I Am The Avalanche, New Found Glory, The Cure, Weezer

• 8 months later...