Riot Fest 2015

Tardcore

There are literally 50 bands on the Chicago lineup I would LOVE to watch. FIFTY! The average Warped Tour has maybe 10 bands that appeal to me; Coachella/Bonnaroo/etc will maybe have upwards of 20. Riot Fest is without a doubt the best fest. To the people who are hating on the lineup, what were you expecting?

the same way you tell people they're crazy for not liking anything on record store day because there's plenty enough for everyone, i'm telling you: you sound like those people.

How many releases are there on RSD compared to the number of acts playing Riot Fest? I like a number of the bands playing Riot Fest. Plenty of them I've already seen before and don't really NEED to see again. Blue Meanies is the only band on here I love that I've seen a few times that I really need to see again. At $99 for a 3 Day pass it would have been worth it to spring for all 3 days. Now that it's up to $170 I'm not gonna cry over only seeing 1 day of the event.

Blue Meanies are clearly my favorite band on this lineup, both in studio and live. Excited to see them return for the first time in a decade. I think the fest has been generally steering away from a lot of the older (smaller) punk rock acts that drew me to the fest in the first place. The Weezers, Offsprings, etc... "older" poppy punk rock bands do absolutely for me either.

So I bought Riot fest tickets last night for the Chicago dates.  I am incredibly excited.  Plus I really hope Brand New does get announced, but back on topic.

This will be my first time and I wanted to ask any vets out there for any tips on do's and don'ts.  I mean I've been to Warped Tour plenty of times.  So I know health type stuff but I was wondering if there are any traditions that go down. 

For example: I really want a Riot Fest shirt preferably with all the bands on it.  Should I buy this on the first day?? Does merch change every day? Are stages really far apart? Is being really close worth it on some stages? Which stages will most likely bands be at? Rides? etc.. the list can go on

Really any info you think is helpful to a person going to Riot Fest for the first time is really helpful, also I live in another state.. 

So I bought Riot fest tickets last night for the Chicago dates.  I am incredibly excited.  Plus I really hope Brand New does get announced, but back on topic.

This will be my first time and I wanted to ask any vets out there for any tips on do's and don'ts.  I mean I've been to Warped Tour plenty of times.  So I know health type stuff but I was wondering if there are any traditions that go down. 

For example: I really want a Riot Fest shirt preferably with all the bands on it.  Should I buy this on the first day?? Does merch change every day? Are stages really far apart? Is being really close worth it on some stages? Which stages will most likely bands be at? Rides? etc.. the list can go on

Really any info you think is helpful to a person going to Riot Fest for the first time is really helpful, also I live in another state.. 

Brand New played last year.

For example: I really want a Riot Fest shirt preferably with all the bands on it. Should I buy this on the first day?? Does merch change every day? Are stages really far apart? Is being really close worth it on some stages? Which stages will most likely bands be at? Rides? etc.. the list can go on

Might as well buy it early. Merch changes daily with the bands, so you'll only be able to get a band's merch on the day they're playing. Depending on the band, it may go super quick. Also, not every band brings merch. There are also non-band vendors: clothing, food trucks, Red Scare, etc.

The layout of the grounds may change, but previously the two biggest stages were close to each other, and the other three were a bit further away (but closer to each other). I bounce from stage to stage to see acts I want to see, they're not so far away that you need to just camp out at one stage. Once they put maps up on the website, print one and bring it with you. Do the same for the schedule.

I've never gone on any of the rides, but people seem to like them. Last year they had lockers and phone chargers you could rent, too.

So I got tickets to the Chicago dates.  Holy crap I did not expect soooo many bands that I would love.  Prob a good 20+ I'm flying from FL.  It's my first time going, any tips from the vets out there (do's and dont's). 

I could really use some info.  I've been to festivals ie Warped Tour.  But this is on some next level stuff.  Any transportation advise? or Any explanation on how things are setup, stages and merch?  I really want to buy a Riot Fest shirt with all the bands.  Do they change merch everyday? any traditions that happen every year?  Any info would be much appreciated =)

Really hoping Brand New is a surprise band for Chicago.

Might as well buy it early. Merch changes daily with the bands, so you'll only be able to get a band's merch on the day they're playing. Depending on the band, it may go super quick. Also, not every band brings merch. There are also non-band vendors: clothing, food trucks, Red Scare, etc.

The layout of the grounds may change, but previously the two biggest stages were close to each other, and the other three were a bit further away (but closer to each other). I bounce from stage to stage to see acts I want to see, they're not so far away that you need to just camp out at one stage. Once they put maps up on the website, print one and bring it with you. Do the same for the schedule.

I've never gone on any of the rides, but people seem to like them. Last year they had lockers and phone chargers you could rent, too.

i think he's talking about an actual riot fest t-shirt that says riot fest on it and has the lineup printed on the back.

if this is the case, riot fest has their own merch booths that don't change daily. of course they could run out eventually, but it seemed they had tons left over. you can check out the riot fest website to see what's left over from last year. 

Actually appreciated the info.  I did mean a riot fest shirt with all the bands on it (hopefully.) But I forgot to ask about Band Merch.  Makes sense that it changes with the days they play.  I was gonna ask about rides and how they show off the schedule.  Are the rides actual rides or is it just simple stuff? And do they show off the schedule for all three days the first day in? or do they just post it somewhere for that day only?

I really hate how Warped Tour makes you pay for a print out of the map and scheduled times.  So Riot Fest doesn't do that?  Also really glad to hear the stages aren't too far apart.  I kinda hate running from one side to the other but whatever it takes to get to band to band.  Not missing Sense Fail or La Dispute.  I will run as fast as possible haha.