Riot Fest 2015

Tardcore

Yeah...umm not sure what to say about this.  I guess it's not completely clear whether the headlining acts are pending announcement?  It seems really light on teh punk rock.  I guess I can see Paul Weller (the Jam).

If Chicago looks like this, I may actually just unload my pre-sale ticket.

TOR_WebAdmat_Compressed_Newspost.jpg

How is DKM the 15th band on the list? I mean these dudes sell out consecutive nights at Fenway. You'd think they would be one of the first 3 bands mentioned.

Well, keep in mind five of the bands billed above them are Canadian, and three of those five are MASSIVE in Canada (Metric, City & Colour, Billy Talent) with the other two being nothing to sneeze at either (Stars, DFA79).

I think they're severely overweighting the value of Die Antwoord on that poster, though.

Well, keep in mind five of the bands billed above them are Canadian, and three of those five are MASSIVE in Canada (Metric, City & Colour, Billy Talent) with the other two being nothing to sneeze at either (Stars, DFA79).

I think they're severely overweighting the value of Die Antwoord on that poster, though.

Metric aren't "massive" up here.  Billy Talent aren't as big as they used to be either. 

Really? I quite like them. What do you find shitty?

Saw them a couple years ago when I was back in Columbus. Everything about it was flash over substance. Look at me doing backflips on stage! Now we're gonna wear ski masks for a couple songs! Check out my old-timey standup piano! Now let's throw on auto-tune! Now I'm gonna rap! All that over a phenomenally forgettable musical bed. They also went to my high school, so I feel extra bummed that something that crappy could've come through there.

I would Love to see Big Black Do a proper reunion show not just the 4 song set they did in 2006. Also if they decided to tour with that NirvanaJam that would be cool

I would lose my shit over a Big Black reunion. Or just that new Shellac record and a tour.

How is DKM the 15th band on the list? I mean these dudes sell out consecutive nights at Fenway. You'd think they would be one of the first 3 bands mentioned.

really?  pretty sure DKM doesnt sell out baseball stadiums anywhere else in the country... and it helps they're from Boston and are the anthem band of literally everything ever in that city.

really?  pretty sure DKM doesnt sell out baseball stadiums anywhere else in the country... and it helps they're from Boston and are the anthem band of literally everything ever in that city.

I will say that the Fenway shows weren't set up like a typical Fenway show, instead of seats being sold for the entire ballpark, the stage faced the bleachers and they only sold tickets for the bleachers and right field grandstand.  So, two sold out shows, but not at anywhere near a 30,000+ capacity.  

Sorry for thread derail.