United Nations (2014) (New LP on Temporary Residence LTD)

I am pretty sure it's not completely sold out.  Eyeball had a whole slew of problems, but the last the guy was around here he was taking individual orders.  Take to Twitter, you might come up lucky.

Really? Color me interested. I'd like to get my hands on a copy of the first EP, too. But a new album? Best thing I've heard all month.

I am pretty sure it's not completely sold out. Eyeball had a whole slew of problems, but the last the guy was around here he was taking individual orders. Take to Twitter, you might come up lucky.

Id love a copy too but

It looks like the twitter and facebook page haven't been updated since 2011.

I couldn't get much into that first LP at all. Loved the 7" though and have lots of interest in new music from them. Need some more Geoff in my life.

I greatly echo that last sentiment.

As far as the debut vs. the 7"; I do quite enjoy both... but there's no arguing that Never Mind The Bombings, Here's Your Six Figures is head & shoulders better.

This album is coming out on 2 7"s, a 10" with forked grooves, and a cassette. They all fit into a custom package that fits into a full-color die cut sleeve. I believe the album is called The Next Four Years.

That sounds incredible if it's true.  Stupid question, but is the release an album that is spread across two 7"s, a 10", and a cassette?  Or is it an EP that's printed onto two 7"s, as well as a 10", and a cassette?  I never know what to expect with this band, and feel like either approach is feasible.

Either way, being sold through TRL is perfect.  Should be easy enough to secure any limited variants or goodies.

That sounds incredible if it's true. Stupid question, but is the release an album that is spread across two 7"s, a 10", and a cassette? Or is it an EP that's printed onto two 7"s, as well as a 10", and a cassette? I never know what to expect with this band, and feel like either approach is feasible.

Either way, being sold through TRL is perfect. Should be easy enough to secure any limited variants or goodies.

Geoff and the dude from TRL talked about the release on a podcast. They explained the whole release.

Each release is self contained but I believe as an "album" it's across all releases. The 10" has 1 song on it but since it has forked grooves it sounds different every time. The one 7" is a repress of the one EP they sold numbered /50 from their last tour.

Edit: I was half asleep when I said this, but I believe the cassette is what they're repressing - the 7"s are new.

The only way to get the album is to buy the set. If it sells well or there's demand for a standard LP, they said they might consider it. Also each piece has different artwork commissioned by a different person so that'll be cool.

Geoff and the dude from TRL talked about the release on a podcast. They explained the whole release.

Each release is self contained but I believe as an "album" it's across all releases. The 10" has 1 song on it but since it has forked grooves it sounds different every time. The one 7" is a repress of the one EP they sold numbered /50 from their last tour.

Edit: I was half asleep when I said this, but I believe the cassette is what they're repressing - the 7"s are new.

The only way to get the album is to buy the set. If it sells well or there's demand for a standard LP, they said they might consider it. Also each piece has different artwork commissioned by a different person so that'll be cool.

I thought you were kidding when you first mentioned it. Damn. Now I have to get all of them.

Ok, I listened to the podcast this morning and going off of info we've had for a few years I'm pretty sure this is how the release works. 

Its called The Next Four Years and will be available digitally(and I assume a download code will be included with the box set), CD, box set, and depending on demand a single LP. 

The box set is the album broken up into 2 7" and a repress of the cassette they sold on tour about a year ago. The 10" is what was supposed to be and possibly still is "Music for Interchanging Parts". One song broken up into many parts that can be played in any order and still make a coherent song. The 10" has forked grooves so wherever the needle lands is the version of the song you get to listen to. 

As part of the UN "gag" Geoff and others have said recently that UN released a bunch of music in other countries since they were "banned" form selling them in the US. I believe the "gimmick" of the box set is that this is all the unauthorized material bundled into one box. 

As far as the debut vs. the 7"; I do quite enjoy both... but there's no arguing that Never Mind The Bombings, Here's Your Six Figures is head & shoulders better.

Huh. I'll have to check that out, then. I bought their debut when it came out and liked it, but it wore off on me and I lost interest in the band so I never got anything else from them. 

Ok, I listened to the podcast this morning and going off of info we've had for a few years I'm pretty sure this is how the release works. 

Its called The Next Four Years and will be available digitally(and I assume a download code will be included with the box set), CD, box set, and depending on demand a single LP. 

The box set is the album broken up into 2 7" and a repress of the cassette they sold on tour about a year ago. The 10" is what was supposed to be and possibly still is "Music for Interchanging Parts". One song broken up into many parts that can be played in any order and still make a coherent song. The 10" has forked grooves so wherever the needle lands is the version of the song you get to listen to. 

As part of the UN "gag" Geoff and others have said recently that UN released a bunch of music in other countries since they were "banned" form selling them in the US. I believe the "gimmick" of the box set is that this is all the unauthorized material bundled into one box. 

As if I couldn't get more excited for this release...

This sounds amazing. As a relative n00b to the vinyl game, that forked groove concept is easily the most exciting idea I've heard, even more than the GJ Coloring Book ordeal.