Best way to transport large amounts of records?

I'm moving at the end of the month. Not too far, a couple blocks away, but I'll probably be renting a u-haul for my bed and desk and all sorts of things.

My biggest fear is transporting my record collection. I probably have ~500 records. Two full expedits (2x2 each) and then a few shelves in my closet full. I have no idea how to do this painlessly and to ensure that they don't get destroyed in the move.

Any tips?

its not like you're moving to a different state. Put em in a fucking box and move em, It's not rocket science for fucks sake.

Obviously I know that is one way to do it, I was just seeing if anyone figured out any tricks from doing it themselves. No reason to be as hostile as you're being, friend. 

Obviously I know that is one way to do it, I was just seeing if anyone figured out any tricks from doing it themselves. No reason to be as hostile as you're being, friend. 

No. It was a stupid question and stupid thread and so that's the response you get. There's ONE WAY. to move records. Put them in something and lift with your legs.

Wow, that escalated quickly.

Just box them up in small groups or use something like those Wal Mart milk crates. They'll be fine. I had to do the same when my house was fumigated the other month because I just didn't want my stuff in the house. Unnecessary maybe but I just put them in a few smaller boxes and was careful packing and moving them. Everything went just fine so don't worry so much!

On a caravan of camels through the desert.  Trust me, they'll arrive in better condition than when they left.

Edit:  After posting this I read all the posts in this thread.  Nothing out of the ordinary until I hit the OP's post about sealing off the Expedit and moving it.  Has me rolling.  You win dude.  Post of the year.  End of the internet.  Start a career in stand up because the shit you spew is classic.