Milwaukee Thread (for Rad)

Wouldn't hurt to throw this out there, anybody know of any jobs in the Milwaukee area?

I'm looking for anything with a paycheck. I have a degree in public relations but finding work where you don't work is difficult at times.

I'd appreciate any advice/help or let's just talk about the area. I love Milwaukee, why do you? (If you love there)

Milwaukee is a great city to live in! I'd say for you, try the downtown area right away, as there are numerous jobs to be had down there. Other cities where the job market should be pretty good are Brookfield, Wauwatosa, Waukesha, and Greenfield (all 4 of which are very close to Milwaukee)

Also be sure to check out the Exclusive Company it's America's oldest independently owned Record Store. There's 3 in close proximity to Milwaukee...downtown, West Bend, and Greenfield, they're some great stores. Good luck with the job hunt!

baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball 

• 4 weeks later...

WORK AT CAPTEL WITH ME!

http://www.captel.com/milwaukee.php

Pay is decent, but the real cool thing about working there is they are SUPER FLEXIBLE with schedules. 

Also Milwaukee rules because I am here and I rule.

Also beer.

Milwaukee is a great city to live in! I'd say for you, try the downtown area right away, as there are numerous jobs to be had down there. Other cities where the job market should be pretty good are Brookfield, Wauwatosa, Waukesha, and Greenfield (all 4 of which are very close to Milwaukee)

Also be sure to check out the Exclusive Company it's America's oldest independently owned Record Store. There's 3 in close proximity to Milwaukee...downtown, West Bend, and Greenfield, they're some great stores. Good luck with the job hunt!

Just saw these now, thanks fellas!

Rad...I don't even know what to say about CapTel, that's the craziest thing I've ever seen. So you listen to people's conversations and speak for the side who doesn't have a Cap phone? Pretty crazy..

And AiC, I can't believe I've never visited that store the times I've been to Milwaukee. Love all the contests/giveaways. Seems like the best bet for a record store

Just saw these now, thanks fellas!

Rad...I don't even know what to say about CapTel, that's the craziest thing I've ever seen. So you listen to people's conversations and speak for the side who doesn't have a Cap phone? Pretty crazy..

And AiC, I can't believe I've never visited that store the times I've been to Milwaukee. Love all the contests/giveaways. Seems like the best bet for a record store

Yeah, it's pretty weird. Once you get the hang of what they're going for, it's pretty easy and you get to do just about whatever you want to do in between calls, so I do a lot of reading and playing DS games.

You should also check out Bullseye, Acme, and Rush-Mor for record stores. And maybe Musical Memories if you don't mind things being kinda unorganized

ALSO, if you haven't yet, GO ON A LAKEFRONT BREWERY TOUR! 7 bucks gets you 4 samples, a pint glass, and a free beer coupon to use at a bunch of different bars (I suggest scoping out Tracks)!

Another Wisconsin dude here. Milwaukee is awesome and I've thought about moving there several times, but haven't yet. Maybe once I'm done with college. I live in Kenosha now. All those record stores are awesome, but as much as I hate to say it, the Greenfield exclusive has let me down several times in the past few months so I don't know if I'll be going there much anymore. Anyway, Milwaukee has all kinds of awesome stuff, especially food! You'll love it there.

Gonna treat this as the VC: Milwaukee thread now.

Any of y'all gonna be at the Downer Classic this Saturday? I think something like 20 bucks get you all-you-can-eat brats and as much  New Belgium beer as you can handle or until they run out! It's pretty dang fun!

ALSO, if you haven't yet, GO ON A LAKEFRONT BREWERY TOUR! 7 bucks gets you 4 samples, a pint glass, and a free beer coupon to use at a bunch of different bars (I suggest scoping out Tracks)!

Just going to say this...Milwaukee Brewing Company is a way more fun tour especially if you go with friends.  $10, Pint glass you use the entire time, unlimited samplings(ie full pints) for about 2 hours or until they kick you out for the next group of people, humorous tour guides.  Plus you get a token to get a free drink off a list of like 30 places.  Plus like Lakefront their beer is really good.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...