PO: Bongripper - Miserable

With a pressing of 1000, there should be enough for all of us!

http://bongripper.bigcartel.com/

Here's the link: http://bongripper.bigcartel.com/product/miserable-double-lp

oPMzzDQ.jpg

Today, Friday, May 16, 2014, there will be a stream of "Endless," the intro track from our new full length MISERABLE.  At this time, we will begin the pre-order.  This pre-order will take 2 to 3 months.  We understand this is a lengthy period of time.

We will launch the pre-order at 10:00 a.m. CST (Chicago, IL USA time).  We do not know the exact time for the stream of the track since it's through an outside website.  The vinyl pressing consists of 1000 gatefold 180 gram 2LPs.  500 are 180 gram black.  500 are 180 gram wine.  Digipack CDs are available for pre-order as well.

BONGRIPPER - Miserable 2LP/CD (2014) - The Great Barrier Records
66 minutes
1. Endless
2. Descent
3. Into Ruin

1000 180 gram vinyl gatefold 2LPs
- 500 black 180 gram 2LP
- 500 wine 180 gram 2LP
Artwork painted by Mike Miller. 

Any items ordered along with the presale will be shipped together once the LPs/CDs come in.
We appreciate your support.

Upcoming Shows
5.25.14 - Baltimore, MD - Maryland Deathfest (2pm Edison Stage)
6.01.14 - Chicago, IL - Empty Bottle w/ High on Fire
6.21.14 - Denver, CO - Trve Brewing 2 Yr. Anniversary

8.23.14 - Tampa, FL - Southern Darkness Fest

This is pretty much a kickstarter disguised as pre-order. At least there's a chance for everyone who wants it to get one opposed to how it was with Hippie Killer. Sold out in no time.

I've yet to get into them but their artwork and overall impression is sick. Have to give a thorough listen and might just get that wine. Render looks great and matches that artwork well

I guess I ought to jump on this. Bongripper titles on vinyl seem pretty hard to get after the fact. I've actually only listened to Hippie Killer and have it on CD, but I absolutely love it. Playing the new track, and I'm really digging it. 

Edit: Seriously? Already sold out? Or are people just putting all of them in their cart for shits and giggles... 

Edit: Yup, shits/giggles. Wine ordered. 

Pretty sure it's just a  preorder disguised as a preorder.

What I was aiming at was the holier-than-thou attitude that some bands express on the whole Kickstarter deal. Not saying that Bongripper hold that position since I haven't really followed them closely enough to know. In general there just seems to be this divide between how an artist may raise funds in an ethical way to release an album.

A pre-order is really just a kickstarter, except anyone who opts in gets the impression that the album is happening 100% as opposed to a Kickstarter where things might seem a bit iffy. I might just be completely in the woods here as I'm not sure of Bongripper's financial sucesss but most labels, nevermind artists would be in difficulty to get the album to a plant if they didn't sell out of like ~800 records through the pre-order. Not sure if it's even possible to follow this rationale. Just a thought. I guess the fact that such long pre-orders have recently become more usual is just proof that fundraising is a very viable option to put out an album but it also definitely requires a solid fanbase.

Dang. Definitely thought the wine would last for a few days at least. Sound is thick and drony and very reminiscent of Conan who I'm very into. For some reason I thought the album had more tracks on it and that they only released a short intro track as a preview. How wrong was I. Listened to Endless only now to realize it's a quarter of an hour of riffage and almost a third of the album itself. Might've jumped on it if I'd have checked out all the details prior. Overseas shipping amounts to as much as the album itself so doubtful...but still. Based on how it was with Hippie Killer, these will cost not double but four times the amount through a second-hand seller.

Well, it's sold out anyway.  :P

It is essentially a kickstarter, especially since the band seems to not want to repress things despite high demand. I don't dislike the idea of bands taking on a kickstarter-esq plan though, especially if it's an independent band and the album is finished (just needs to get pressed)

Actually, I really dig what Ninjatune did with "beat-delete." Pretty much just a kickstarter to repress old albums. Once enough people make a "preorder" it gets repressed. I wish more labels did that. It would save them the hassle of judging which albums have a high enough demand for a repress and prevent them from making too many/not enough. 

A pre-order is really just a kickstarter, except anyone who opts in gets the impression that the album is happening 100% as opposed to a Kickstarter where things might seem a bit iffy.

This is the first time I remember Bongripper doing a PO this far in advance. It seems like maybe the last 3 or 4 releases I've ordered from them shipped within a few days of the order.