JAWBOX - s/t LP re-issue + My Scrapbook of Fatal Accidents LP

We are very proud to announce the vinyl re-issue of the self titled last studio album from the legendary JAWBOX on Arctic Rodeo Recordings to be released later this year. Furthermore, we will make the band's rarity collection "My Scrapbook of Fatal Accidents" available on vinyl for the first time.

After we had put out vinyl re-issues of both albums of J Robbins' BURNING AIRLINES and both releases of his other band CHANNELS, we are very excited to make these JAWBOX re-releases happen as well.

Please feel free to surf over to https://www.facebook.com/arcticrodeorecordings for getting further infos and updates. Thanks a lot!

Excellent news! That Peel Sessions on the Scrapbook compilation is some of my favorite Jawbox material.

Hopefully you guys manage to get some distribution here in the US.

I'm assuming that Dischord Records will get these eventually. I just purchased a few new Jawbox Represses there along with the Arctic Rodeo Channels releases. At some point they also had the Arctic Burning Airlines releases but those sold out really quickly.

Hell yes.

I've got an OG press of S/T that I listened to a ton in high school so this is a welcome upgrade. Curious if it'll be getting any sort of remaster (or if Weston has his hands on it for Dischord).

Either way I'll be preordering both. I don't care much for live tracks, but "68," "Apollo Amateur" and the cover of "Sound On Sound" make the Scrapbook release a must-have.

If you guys could convince J to record acoustic versions of Jawbox/Burning Airlines songs, I'd buy those too. The show I saw in Chicago was incredible.

• 3 weeks later...

From Arctic Rodeo'sFacebook page:

We have bad news and good news for you folks. The bad news is: Self titled Jawbox record is NOT going to be re-released by us. There has been some misunderstanding and confusion about making this happen. There is no trouble at all, all is well, and everyone involved is sorry for this messed up situation. We would like to apologize for having raised any expectations we will not be able to come up to. The good news is: the record will come - Dischord Records are going to re-release the record, which is fantastic.

Now everyone's going to have to pay international postage if they want both.

As much as I love Arctic Rodeo's quality of releases, I'm happy as a US based person to get to buy these from Dischord. Doesn't Dischord still have ties with Southern Records for distributing in Europe. Maybe it won't be too bad, or it may just be like when I've had to buy AR releases from Dischord.

I would probably put Jawbox as one of my top five favorite bands, and the S/T is their best release, in my opinion.  I have an old copy on vinyl (City Slang Records in Germany) but it's not in the best condition, so this is definitely cool news.  Scrapbook had some great stuff on it too, so awesomeness all around!

• 4 months later...

This is the final artwork for Zum Heimathafen Art Series #2 which will be "My Scrapbook Of Fatal Accidents" from JAWBOX. This version of the deluxe 2xLP set will come on an exclusive vinyl color and with this exclusive silkscreen art only available for a certain pre-order time period and printed and numbered by hand. These will be made on demand by our friend Alex.

10406912_740373879364502_149612196579666