Texas people

hopdoddys is off congress or anderson. i assume you are speaking of the congress location due to the fact that's the area where most visitors frequent. 

food trucks are all over austin. not just downtown. 

farmers market in hanger park? you mean the mueller farmers market at the old muellar airport.  

and there are several major highways, not just 2. left exits? most major cities with major highways have left exits and right exits. it's not uncommon. 

I'm from Dallas so forgive me, I've visited twice!

And yeah the Hopdoddys of Congress, the one down the street from that cupcake food truck!

And yeah I mean Muller park farmers market

We only get on the main 2 really and we don't have left exits in dallas!

I typically use bands in town, but yeah there is always something going on in Austin. There are lots of local papers around here you can pick up for free that will have upcoming events or whatnot. 

You don't have to watch Friday Night Lights. I've never watched it and probably never will, and I watch a lot of TV and movies. 

I heard its more of a teen drama show.  If that's true, can't see it being better than the movie, but I guess I'll give it a shot.

you heard wrong!

it's seriously so good. not even comparable to the movie. probably one of the best all around dramas on tv in the past 10 years.

Not to thread jack from Dave, but I will be moving to the Dallas-Fort Worth area sometime next month. Pretty crazy how everything has happened, but super excited for it. I will have to read up on suggestions in this thread

Has anyone tried to surf on the coast in Houston? I've always wanted to surf, but I didn't know if the coast would be ideal for it

Not to thread jack from Dave, but I will be moving to the Dallas-Fort Worth area sometime next month. Pretty crazy how everything has happened, but super excited for it. I will have to read up on suggestions in this thread

Has anyone tried to surf on the coast in Houston? I've always wanted to surf, but I didn't know if the coast would be ideal for it

You're probably the first non-surfing person ever to move to the DFW area and wonder "Hmm, I wonder what the surfing is like down there?"

I've never done it, but found this online. http://www.surfinghouston.com/  Not a big fan of the beaches in Texas either. I'd rather spend my time at the lake or river.

my godson (who has lived in DFW his whole life) is obsessed with going to the beach for some reason. he and his mom are visiting PA in less than a month and we're totally surprising him with a trip to OCMD! he'll probably be terrified of the ocean or some shit, haha

another random comment:  there's like 3 or 4 scuba diving shops JUST in the greater DFW that i see every time i'm there.  WHY.

There are a lot of scuba diving shops everywhere. People scuba in the lakes and rivers too so maybe that's why. 

i don't think i've ever seen one anywhere in PA or a mid-atlantic state aside from maybe along the coast/at the beach. i just thought it was so weird that there were so many so close together in a place that was so far from any ocean/body of water that you think about when you think about scuba diving, haha.

You're probably the first non-surfing person ever to move to the DFW area and wonder "Hmm, I wonder what the surfing is like down there?"

Haha. I've always wanted to learn how to surf and I knew that the coast was 4 hours away, so I was curious to see if it was worth it. Only place to surf in my neck of the woods is Lake Erie, so, yeah. Hah.

I've never done it, but found this online. http://www.surfinghouston.com/  Not a big fan of the beaches in Texas either. I'd rather spend my time at the lake or river.

I will be really close to Lake Worth, and I've heard there is really good fishing down in the FW area, so I'm excited for that. Thanks for the info on the beach. I like the beach, but I feel I would get tired of it eventually

Chiming in on the suba stuff, there's actually a scuba shop in Akron in the most random of places. I don't know why you would ever want to suba dive around here, but different stroke for different folks

I've seen people surf in Galveston. Depends on where at, some spots see more activity than others. They have a few shops around there and they sell boards. So I guess somewhere you can. I see a lot of people boogie boarding.