Damaged/Discounted Disintegration Loops Box Set at Temporary Residence

Hello,

Friendly announcement... Temporary Residence put up about 100 copies (80 ish left at the time of this post) of William Basinski's The Disintegration Loops with slight outer box damage, still sealed, for $100 less than they were originally sold.

I thought I'd never get one of these because I'd never pay $300+ for one on the aftermarket.

$125 + $7.50ish Media Mail at Temp. Residence store:

http://shop.temporaryresidence.com/trr194

If anyone is interested and doesn't mind a little outer box damage.

I agree with good ambient music to relax to. It's just the continuous nature of these tracks gets interrupted by the mediums limitations. Other ambient artists have constructed their compositions around those limitations of the format. It's difficult for me to conceive the breakup of these tracks when I'm so used to them being continuous and uninterrupted.

FUCK why do I want to buy this so badly

Two hours ago I had never heard of this and I just listened to the first loop and loved it. It was slower than my usual taste in ambient music, obviously, but it had this majestic quality about it and I was mesmerized. 

But it's $125 ugh

Someone talk me into it or out of it

I agree with good ambient music to relax to. It's just the continuous nature of these tracks gets interrupted by the mediums limitations. Other ambient artists have constructed their compositions around those limitations of the format. It's difficult for me to conceive the breakup of these tracks when I'm so used to them being continuous and uninterrupted.

I agree that the worst [and maybe only negative] part of this release is having to flip the record over mid-loop.  But there's still enough deteriorating goodness on each side that it's very easy to hop on that saddle and get lost again.  I also feel like this sort of music was legitimately made for vinyl.

I agree that the worst [and maybe only negative] part of this release is having to flip the record over mid-loop.  But there's still enough deteriorating goodness on each side that it's very easy to hop on that saddle and get lost again.  I also feel like this sort of music was legitimately made for vinyl.

Seems like it'd give you a chance to come up for air. 

Glad this came up. Ordered. Thanks. 

Seems like it'd give you a chance to come up for air. 

Glad this came up. Ordered. Thanks. 

Yeah, that as well.  Sometimes I prefer it, other times I'm disappointed that time has gone by so quickly and it needs to be flipped over.  But either way, the vinyl itself is worth it.  But the presentation / book / DVD are extra sweet icing on the cake.  For being ~45% off, that's a steal.

Derek you're killing me, bro. You're the best subtle salesman on this site, by far. 

Just doing my part.  It's a good thing I don't buy the majority of what's pitched on the forums, ha.

Everything to do with 9/11 aside, (although it's a super compelling and moving part of this release's history and offers a more vivid emotional pathway when listening), the music is beautiful.

Yeah, this too.  The history surrounding it is noteworthy, and adds to the experience of listening to it... but the music itself shouldn't be dependent on the events that unfurled around its creation.  And with that being said, the audio is in fact eerie / beautiful / majestic / hypnotic on its own right.  If you're on the fence, just keep an eye on the quantity available at TRL.  Once you see the total dip below 10, you should have all the motivation you'll need.

No worries! I hesitated for about 15 minutes because I'd convinced myself a long time ago that I'd never own this... But. Come on. It's worth it.

I was completely sure I'd never own this - I could never convince myself to spend full price on it, and when it sold out I figured I'd never see it cheap secondhand (the only hope of which was if TRL ended up with a ton of stock they couldn't shift).

But $125 for this beast? Worth every fucking cent.