Brand New - Deja Entendu

I got in line at Music Millennium in Portland, OR at about 9:30AM yesterday morning. My girlfriend and I were 2nd and 3rd in line with a die hard Phish fan in front of us. We luckily got the only 2 copies the store had and both are A/B C/D. Just to add another Deja success story

Still looking for a copy of this, regardless of what anyone says, I dig the obese(lol) die cut

Have the followoing trade bait

TSSF- While you were sleeping (green and purple)

TSSF/maker split

TSSF/morgan foster split

Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon repress (clear, tour)

Dance Gavin Dance - People 7"

Jack's Mannequin- Everything In Transit (repress with signed card)

Northstar - Polyanna

Balance and Composure - Separation (blue/sunfire) 1st

TWY - upsides - white 1st press

and more

I'm really interested to see what they have at the merch table when I see them on Tuesday. I'd obviously sob if I saw RSD Dejas. But I wonder if they'll have the Deja lyric book since some people are saying those will be selling online. I'd definitely buy that. I am BEYOND stoked for that show. First time seeing them.

They probably will have the 4-5 shirts they have with the tour print and the DAG lyric book. I'm not sure if and when copies of the Deja book will be going up

It would be funny if the generic release had a printed inner sleeve that perfectly filled the diet. I'm pretty sure there were no RSD copies in canada, or at least on the west coast.

2 shops in my town in Ontario had it, 4 copies total. I ended up with one.

plus Im sure $RC store in Niagara had it too.

2 shops in my town in Ontario had it, 4 copies total. I ended up with one.

plus Im sure $RC store in Niagara had it too.

Well. Supposedly the SRC store only ended up getting one copy and they decided to raffle it off. At least according to an email/FB/Twitter/etc. update newsletter thing they sent out. 

I just put the gatefold sleeve in a regular poly bag, with the stickers, booklet and patch in the front of the bag.  I decided not to keep the outer brown bag.  After all, when you get a wrapped present, you rarely keep the wrapping paper.

OK, semi-serious Deja question;

I was hoping to put this record back in the paper bag and then into a polybag.

But it is clearly to big to do this, is there such a thing as a "slightly bigger" polybag lol?

Ya, but I'd like to keep it, no rhythm or reason. Just liked the overall packaging.

Some of my record stores who carry additional record supplies (poly bags, inner sleeves, etc.) has some larger ones I just had to call around and then get the biggest size. I needed one for fall of troys manipulator with the 4 panel foldout. Otherwise I'm sure you can find some online.

I had 5 Brand New fans in front of me in line for 5 hours today. It was a verrrrrry slow 5 hours listening to them. I only now realize that Brand New is essentially a cult and their fans are the dumbest people I've ever listened to. I lived in Florida through the 2000 election with an asshole who stood on the corner with a "You're either with us or with them sign" on one corner and Krishna's on the other. For a month that was the dumbest scene I'd ever had to experience on an intellectual level until this morning listening to some asshole dropping choice quotes like "when I get home I'm going to cuddle my Deja in bed. I might play it once before I put it in the frame I bought..." 

Sorry gang. It was brutal and there is no way that was an anomaly. 

I had 5 Brand New fans in front of me in line for 5 hours today. It was a verrrrrry slow 5 hours listening to them. I only now realize that Brand New is essentially a cult and their fans are the dumbest people I've ever listened to. I lived in Florida through the 2000 election with an asshole who stood on the corner with a "You're either with us or with them sign" on one corner and Krishna's on the other. For a month that was the dumbest scene I'd ever had to experience on an intellectual level until this morning listening to some asshole dropping choice quotes like "when I get home I'm going to cuddle my Deja in bed. I might play it once before I put it in the frame I bought..."

Sorry gang. It was brutal and there is no way that was an anomaly.

I can genuinely say, as a fan of a couple bands with fans like this (including BN), it's a sad reality. To think there are douchebags out there with this album in frames is appalling. I understand not liking Brand New altogether, but records don't belong in frames, that's what screenprints are for. If I ever meet anyone with this in a frame, they'll be dead to me.