Brand New - Deja Entendu

I'm really sad about this interpunk thing. That's fucked up. They used to be so cheap. I guess I will not order from them ever again. Actually, I'm going to email them. This is stupid. I took 30 minutes of my time to compose an email when they asked if I thought they should carry things other than their standard stock (hiphop, pop, etc.) I now regret that, but I'm going to give them a chance to fix it first. 

My email to interpunk:

Good Afternoon/ Evening,

I have been a shopper of Interpunk for years. I mean a really long time. Recently I replied to an email about Interpunk expanding its stock to include things aside from punk, metal, etc. I was very supportive of this idea. I am about fairness and inclusion.

Now to my question. This item (http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=226266) is listed at $65.00. Why? If I give you guys the benefit of the doubt and assume that your distributors or Triple Crown is up charging you, you should know! They are ripping you off, and you should tell them to take these records and shove up their asses.

This is selling retail at around $30. If you guys are up charging this by $35- SHAME on you! I know people will pay it, but that is ridiculous. Don’t worry I’m not bent out of shape because I want to buy it from you. I’ve already bought it, but I’m just looking out for the less informed people out in the world.

Just know that if this is not somehow corrected, myself and MANY other people over at Vinyl Collective will be boycotting Interpunk indefinitely. You’ve already lost some, so do the right thing. I trust you will.

Love Always,

Benjamin 

My email to interpunk:

Good Afternoon/ Evening,

I have been a shopper of Interpunk for years. I mean a really long time. Recently I replied to an email about Interpunk expanding its stock to include things aside from punk, metal, etc. I was very supportive of this idea. I am about fairness and inclusion.

Now to my question. This item (http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=226266) is listed at $65.00. Why? If I give you guys the benefit of the doubt and assume that your distributors or Triple Crown is up charging you, you should know! They are ripping you off, and you should tell them to take these records and shove up their asses.

This is selling retail at around $30. If you guys are up charging this by $35- SHAME on you! I know people will pay it, but that is ridiculous. Don’t worry I’m not bent out of shape because I want to buy it from you. I’ve already bought it, but I’m just looking out for the less informed people out in the world.

Just know that if this is not somehow corrected, myself and MANY other people over at Vinyl Collective will be boycotting Interpunk indefinitely. You’ve already lost some, so do the right thing. I trust you will.

Love Always,

Benjamin

no shade here, but is vc really THAT big of a deal to a store like them?

My email to interpunk:

Good Afternoon/ Evening,

Love Always,

Benjamin 

Wow.  Get a grip duder.

Wow. Get a grip duder.

Don't be that guy. Ben wrote a very fair and concerned letter to a business he'd like to support in the future. He didn't talk shit on Twitter (like me) or say anything dishonest or slanderous.

no shade here, but is vc really THAT big of a deal to a store like them?

I'd like to think our community plays a pretty big role in this marketplace, not that Interpunk is solely supported by their record sales but a lot of labels and distros see this community as both a blessing and a curse.