Brand New - Deja Entendu

Ben wrote a ridiculous scolding to a company that has sold countless records over many years because they overpriced a very-soon-to-be readily available record that was put out in 2003.

56775062.jpg

I like him. He used a cat meme and kind of spoke the truth. The whole "Vinyl Collective is gonna boycott you" is blarney and gave me one hell of a chuckle as well. Really? An entire boycott? Panties get in bunches waaaaay too much over here nowadays. Whatcha gonna do when they have an exclusive you REALLY REALLY want for $15?

See? I opened my mouth and aren't drunk.

So much for an unlimited press

Well, I mean, really any number pressed is an unlimited press if you subscribe to quantum theory, in which there are an infinite number of universes, and some infinite amount of those universes are pressing Deja right now. So...y'know. Infinite Deja.

Well, I mean, really any number pressed is an unlimited press if you subscribe to quantum theory, in which there are an infinite number of universes, and some infinite amount of those universes are pressing Deja right now. So...y'know. Infinite Deja.

I love you haha

For those who live near Charlotte, NC, Lunchbox has a ton earlier today. Limit one per customer. That said, Scott was fairly sure they'd be sold out in a day or two, so might wanna call first if you're making a long drive.

Also, I witnessed one girl buying her copy... along with a Crosley. You can't make this stuff up.

In the Ultimate Deja story arc, Jesse Lacey died and was replaced by the band's guitar tech Steve Camacho. He was the one who woke Adam Lazzara from the Infinity Springs and started the Quadruple Crown label which started the Deja Entendu Repress Civil War. Camacho's son, Hurley, ends up becoming the leader of PPL MVR and records a Daisy cover album to bring Jesse Lacey back from the dead as Vision Lacey (The Emoter).

In the Ultimate Deja story arc, Jesse Lacey died and was replaced by the band's guitar tech Steve Camacho. He was the one who woke Adam Lazzara from the Infinity Springs and started the Quadruple Crown label which started the Deja Entendu Repress Civil War. Camacho's son, Hurley, ends up becoming the leader of PPL MVR and records a Daisy cover album to bring Jesse Lacey back from the dead as Vision Lacey (The Emoter).

What do you do for a living? If it's anything other than writing, you need to quit your day job.

Definitely good. But doesn't quite live up to the promise of the Brand New fan fiction where Jesse is having an affair with John Nolan.

As far as I can tell, this one hasn't really hit DC yet. Crooked Beats owner said they way underpressed this round, and the pre-orders massively exceeded the available units. At this point I may hold out for the inevitable colored variant.

Oh Bill. I can't wait to see what he try's to sling these for..... Try joint custody. I bet they are the only others in town that actually ordered this. Smash isn't into this type of music, Red Onion is clueless, and it probably wasn't on Soms radar.

You could try that swanky over priced place in Georgetown, or CD Cellar in Arlington, but you know... It's Virginia.

Interpunk reply:

First of all I apologize for the last minute price increase on the Brand New LP, but as a long time customer of Interpunk, you know that this is not something that we do. What had happened is, this release sold out from the record label over a month prior to release date, and each store got allocated a certain number of copies. Our allocation was only 175 copies, and we sold 174 of them very quickly a couple dollars below the suggested retail price. We kept 1 copy in case there was a problem with anyone's shipment, but in the end, there were no problems. So for that last copy, post release date, we checked Amazon and E-bay stores and they were selling it for $100. We thought that was crazy, and we also knew that if we sold it for our regular price, around $28, then ten people would have tried to buy it before we could take it down, causing us to refund a bunch of credit cards and make several people upset. Plus there is a good change the person who got it just wants to turn around and sell it on e-bay for $100. So we decided to price the one copy at $65, hoping an actual fan of Brand New would buy it, and not turn around and resell it. And that's actually what happened.

I hope you understand and can see the reasoning in our decision. if we would have had a few copies or more, we would definitely have sold them at the $28 price.

I've started Interpunk 18 years ago, and we've always priced our items below most everyone else out there. The reason we came into existence is to offer the largest selection of punk rock music and merchandise, for a good price, with great service.

Please write back, because I want to hear your thoughts.

Take Care,

Bob

Interpunk.com

Owner

Interpunk reply:

First of all I apologize for the last minute price increase on the Brand New LP, but as a long time customer of Interpunk, you know that this is not something that we do. What had happened is, this release sold out from the record label over a month prior to release date, and each store got allocated a certain number of copies. Our allocation was only 175 copies, and we sold 174 of them very quickly a couple dollars below the suggested retail price. We kept 1 copy in case there was a problem with anyone's shipment, but in the end, there were no problems. So for that last copy, post release date, we checked Amazon and E-bay stores and they were selling it for $100. We thought that was crazy, and we also knew that if we sold it for our regular price, around $28, then ten people would have tried to buy it before we could take it down, causing us to refund a bunch of credit cards and make several people upset. Plus there is a good change the person who got it just wants to turn around and sell it on e-bay for $100. So we decided to price the one copy at $65, hoping an actual fan of Brand New would buy it, and not turn around and resell it. And that's actually what happened.

I hope you understand and can see the reasoning in our decision. if we would have had a few copies or more, we would definitely have sold them at the $28 price.

I've started Interpunk 18 years ago, and we've always priced our items below most everyone else out there. The reason we came into existence is to offer the largest selection of punk rock music and merchandise, for a good price, with great service.

Please write back, because I want to hear your thoughts.

Take Care,

Bob

Interpunk.com

Owner

1bHTsXE.png