Brand New - Deja Entendu

I went to my local store today, and saw a girl walk up to the counter and ask if her reserved copy of deja had arrived.  The following conversation was cringe worthy.  Right off the bat, she was bummed that it wasn't the RSD version.  Then she asked how much it would be.  60 FUCKING DOLLARS.  The employee proceeded to tell her that they are super limited and they were only able to get 5 copies, but had ordered 15 from their distributor.  Anyway, THE GIRL BOUGHT THE RECORD.  FOR 60 FUCKING DOLLARS.  Once she left I told the employee it was an unlimited press, and asked why it was $60.  She didn't have an answer.

I hate when I'm in a record store and hear shitty conversations like that going on.  Neither person had any clue what they were talking about, the girl is probably spinning it on her Crosley now, or hanging it on the wall.  I wanted to interject so bad, but I'm not about to be the record know-it-all asshole.  

Neither person had any clue what they were talking about, the girl is probably spinning it on her Crosley now, or hanging it on the wall.

Or maybe she really loves the album and Brand New, and this was the first time in nearly ten years that it's been right in front of her and available for under $200. I personally wouldn't pay $60 for it, but I sure wouldn't get judgmental and chastise a fan for doing so. I mean it's not uncommon to see people on here brag about blowing $60 or more on FAR less desirable items. 

And I agree it sucks that the record store fleeced her, but at this point, the "unlimited" nature of this pressing has yet to be proven, especially to retailers. Based on the rate at which it's selling out and getting back-ordered everywhere, I wouldn't be surprised if most stores think it's a limited press. That's not an excuse for them to up-charge their customers, but unfortunately many owners suck, and if this is truly unlimited, then I think TC should probably send that notice around again. Right now, it's sure looking like the opposite is true. 

I went to my local store today, and saw a girl walk up to the counter and ask if her reserved copy of deja had arrived. The following conversation was cringe worthy. Right off the bat, she was bummed that it wasn't the RSD version. Then she asked how much it would be. 60 FUCKING DOLLARS. The employee proceeded to tell her that they are super limited and they were only able to get 5 copies, but had ordered 15 from their distributor. Anyway, THE GIRL BOUGHT THE RECORD. FOR 60 FUCKING DOLLARS. Once she left I told the employee it was an unlimited press, and asked why it was $60. She didn't have an answer.

I hate when I'm in a record store and hear shitty conversations like that going on. Neither person had any clue what they were talking about, the girl is probably spinning it on her Crosley now, or hanging it on the wall. I wanted to interject so bad, but I'm not about to be the record know-it-all asshole.

You'd rather be the let-the-store-fuck-over-someone-who-doesn't-know-this-is-an-unlimited-press-then-talk-shit-about-them-online butthole instead? ;)

Or maybe she really loves the album and Brand New, and this was the first time in nearly ten years that it's been right in front of her and available for under $200. I personally wouldn't pay $60 for it, but I sure wouldn't get judgmental and chastise a fan for doing so. I mean it's not uncommon to see people on here brag about blowing $60 or more on FAR less desirable items. 

And I agree it sucks that the record store fleeced her, but at this point, the "unlimited" nature of this pressing has yet to be proven, especially to retailers. Based on the rate at which it's selling out and getting back-ordered everywhere, I wouldn't be surprised if most stores think it's a limited press. That's not an excuse for them to up-charge their customers, but unfortunately many owners suck, and if this is truly unlimited, then I think TC should probably send that notice around again. Right now, it's sure looking like the opposite is true. 

Less desirable than the third best album from a somewhat decent "emo" band? Hm.

If he's willing to keep it open, I'll consider it when I get home. Can I make a throwaway eBay? I don't want to *cough* stain my eBay account.

How long do I have to keep it up for? What kind of music might this package contain?

I just really want this pic to find its way to the brandnew tumblr