Brand New - Deja Entendu

I dig the first couple ADTR records (cuz pop-punk) and the first two A7X records. A couple songs on "City of Evil" we're decent too. Definitely not the best two bands ever, but I guess I see them for what they are. Some of that A7X shit is laughable at times.

And the drumming on ADTR's "For Those Who Have Heart" is fucking rad. I wish Alex wouldn't have watered his shit down after that album.

I don't think he watered it down too bad, if at all. While FTWHH is my favorite of theirs, Alex is great on Common Courtesy.

As a guy in his 30s, who cares what people at the mall think of you for walking into a store to buy something you want? Is this really something people think about?

I go into HT stores all the time and obviously no one in there knows I work for the company. There's always people in there shopping that are older than me and literally no one cares how old you are when you go into that store or any other store. Seems like a really silly thing to even think about.

In my experience, that 30 year old dude you see in Hot Topic is just there, very briefly, to be told that the 'buy 1 get 1 50% off' banner in the window doesn't apply to vinyl and/or to see that the vinyl section is one crate filled with bent Pennywise LPs and one Hunger Games picture disc soundtrack that's missing the 2nd LP.  

When their girlfriend or wife or partner asks them what they did that day, they never say "I went inside a Hot Topic".  They just make a mental note about the experience, just in case an opportunity to discuss it arises on VC one day in the future.

Didn't this just get a repress? How is it sold out everywhere already. There's a shitstorm on eBay with rediculous prices for it and I don't get it. The album is just ok to me, and I know it's highly sought after but...idk. I guess I can't really say much because I'm more of a TBS person myself. With that being said, I need one of these for a gift. Anyone know of any places selling them at retail? Thanks.

Edit: I realize this was posted above me and I apologize for not reading the thread properly. Please stop down voting me as I already am in the negative. Thanks.

Edit again: you guys are the worst, I swear.

Probably the last update on this topic. After fulfilling all of our outstanding orders we have a a few copies left of the Deja Entendu Vinyl. It's on the site now, but is not indexed in the search yet, so you can basically find it on the site only by this link until tomorrow afternoon:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=9619294.

There is a qty limit of one per order. The price is no longer at pre-release pricing, but is still competitive. However, due to the pricing rules I expect that our system will price it higher by tomorrow afternoon. 

Didn't this just get a repress? How is it sold out everywhere already. There's a shitstorm on eBay with rediculous prices for it and I don't get it. The album is just ok to me, and I know it's highly sought after but...idk. I guess I can't really say much because I'm more of a TBS person myself. With that being said, I need one of these for a gift. Anyone know of any places selling them at retail? Thanks.

Seriously?

Look one post above yours.

still contemplating on whether or not to get this from HT. Does anyone know how many of the HT variants were pressed? 

There are no variants. Just the RSD version and now everyone has the same regular version. The label pressed a bunch of them but its still not enough. They say more might be coming in a month or two but who knows if that will actually happen.

1. Look at my profile pic.

2. I ordered from SRC.

3. According to FB, they apparently have copies in stock in their physical store but have not yet fulfilled any of their preorders.

4. Am not surprised... Still stupid for ordering with them though.

Not defending them...BUT...at least your copy will arrive in tip-top shape courtesy of the mailers they use which are hella better than regular ones. My copy from Triple Crown was beat to hell.

I can understand the frustration of not having the record NOW, but gotta be patient.

There are no variants. Just the RSD version and now everyone has the same regular version. The label pressed a bunch of them but its still not enough. They say more might be coming in a month or two but who knows if that will actually happen.

Ah! Okay, thanks for the heads up, Travis. 

Grabbed one off HT with the promo code. Thanks for the heads up, guys! I just hope they dont send it in a bag like they did with my last shipped to store records. Not sure if that's a new thing or what

I think the key to not getting it shipped in a bag is to do Site-To-Store. I'd be more surprised if they shipped records to a store improperly vs shipping to a customer improperly but then again I'm a gnome, so ya. 

I think the key to not getting it shipped in a bag is to do Site-To-Store. I'd be more surprised if they shipped records to a store improperly vs shipping to a customer improperly but then again I'm a gnome, so ya. 

Either way it should never be in a bag. If anyone ever get's a record shipped to them in a bag from HT, get my attention on here somehow and I'll take care of it.

Edit: I realize this was posted above me and I apologize for not reading the thread properly. Please stop down voting me as I already am in the negative. Thanks.

Don't feel bad. I asked a similar question a couple weeks ago when there wasn't one relevant post for a couple pages beforehand.. just people BS'n. and I got like -12

just sayin people see 162 pages and they're like wtf?