Brand New - Deja Entendu

Don't understand how people that are looking for this don't have it...is there something I'm missing?

Maybe they are creating a false sense of rarity by holding back stock and letting it trickle through to make others want it only because they think it's rare. I lied I didn't buy it but I added it to my cart and thought about it so if that is what they are doing, it seems to be working. Since I'm only going to buy music I like enough, the feeling that I must have this because it's rare doesn't really work.

I can't read all 172 pages so apologies if this has come up already....

My copy from MerchDirect was flat and clean, and the mastering is solid, BUT... There's a ton of surface noise, but only in the left channel. And it persists across the ENTIRE SIDE. Of BOTH RECORDS. Anytime the volume drops to almost nothing, you can hear it.

It's such a bizarre defect that I was afraid my cartridge might be messed up, but nope... Played a bunch of other records immediately afterwards and they all sound fine.

I emailed Triple Crown 5 days ago... Still waiting for a response. Any idea how bad their customer service is? Seeing how they sent out a bunch of packages with two of the same record, they must be aware they have QC issues. But because of their weird policy to "artificially limit" copies in the wild, I'm wondering if they're gonna actually send me a replacement or just tell me to send it back for a refund. (I'd much rather have a copy that plays cleanly rather than get my $27 and have to hunt this down all over again.)

Thoughts? A better customer service email??

Yep. Again... I've played about 20 different records since getting Deja last week. All of them play perfectly. It's clearly a weird pressing defect. I'm assuming it's not very widespread or more folks would've mentioned it.

Weird. My first instinct was to say hardware problems, but you've refuted that twice. Seems like they've been ok about sending out replacements to folks having trouble so far

I can't read all 172 pages so apologies if this has come up already....

My copy from MerchDirect was flat and clean, and the mastering is solid, BUT... There's a ton of surface noise, but only in the left channel. And it persists across the ENTIRE SIDE. Of BOTH RECORDS. Anytime the volume drops to almost nothing, you can hear it.

It's such a bizarre defect that I was afraid my cartridge might be messed up, but nope... Played a bunch of other records immediately afterwards and they all sound fine.

I emailed Triple Crown 5 days ago... Still waiting for a response. Any idea how bad their customer service is? Seeing how they sent out a bunch of packages with two of the same record, they must be aware they have QC issues. But because of their weird policy to "artificially limit" copies in the wild, I'm wondering if they're gonna actually send me a replacement or just tell me to send it back for a refund. (I'd much rather have a copy that plays cleanly rather than get my $27 and have to hunt this down all over again.)

Thoughts? A better customer service email??

Their only email as far as I know is [email protected]. They did get back to me though when I emailed them there, it just took a little while.

Their only email as far as I know is [email protected]. They did get back to me though when I emailed them there, it just took a little while.

Thanks for the tips. I guess I can be patient a while longer... It just sucks that we're coming up on a week and no one at TC has responded back yet.

I didn't bother listening to the whole album once I determined the problem was across all four sides. I want to spin it but I want it to sound GOOD too...