The new X-Men was really good. Very faithful to the source material and although plenty of liberties taken, it was a very nice wrap-up to the X-Men canon for now. I greatly enjoyed. If you've seen it, hopefully you stayed til after credit for the bonus scene that hints at the next movie.

Some interesting shenanigans going on in the comic book world right now with Marvel (Disney) and their movie rights.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/29/would-marvel-really-cancel-fantastic-four-to-snub-fox/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/30/artists-given-specific-instructions-not-to-use-fantastic-four-characters/

I am interested to hear an official statement from Marvel about this.

Ugh, Adam McKay was supposed to sign on for Ant Man today, which would've been sick, but he backed out at the last second.

Obviously Edgar Wright can't be replaced, but Adam McKay would've been a fun replacement. Now they're just going to get some journeyman director and it'll probably end up a good movie, but not near what it could've been.

So Peyton Reed was just confirmed to direct Ant-Man. I don't think any of the movies he made are good, but who knows.

Here's the synopsis for the film:

Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang (Rudd) must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym (Douglas), protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.

So Peyton Reed was just confirmed to direct Ant-Man. I don't think any of the movies he made are good, but who knows.

Just looked him up, the dude has made garbage movies.  I was really looking forward to Wright's film and now I have very little interest in this.

Apparently, David Wain was being reported as a front runner for this.  I would have much rather had him do it.

Just looked him up, the dude has made garbage movies. I was really looking forward to Wright's film and now I have very little interest in this.

Apparently, David Wain was being reported as a front runner for this. I would have much rather had him do it.

Ugh this is VERY disappointing