• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dnl said:

As awesome as this buyout is, I'm still struggling to see how Deadpool can fit into the current MCU outside of the Netflix shows. I don't want him watered down just to fit. Interesting to see where Feig does with these characters.

Disney has said that Deadpool 2 will still be R rated, so theres that

"It [Deadpool] clearly has been and will be Marvel branded. But we think there might be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like Deadpool," said Iger. "As long as we let the audiences know what's coming, we think we can manage that fine." 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-will-stay-r-rated-fox-disney-merger-1067651?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

• 1 month later...

Hahaha all the white bois & various and sundry anti-SJW folk being butthurt over Black Panther's early 100% rating on RT. "You do it to yourself/You do/And that's what really hurts".

Funny thing is, the only hack conservative critic I know who would tear BP to shreds is Armond White who is black and writes for National Review. If he breaks the streak, he'll be the Jordan Peterson of film criticism (once more).

Edited by armadillo01

25 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

you cray, and its only a teaser. and I rather not see the best parts in a trailer...

It's not part of the Marvel Universe. There's no Spider-Man. This is a SONY film through and through. You cannot have a Venom origin movie WITHOUT SPIDEY.

Edited by THE_James_Champ

53 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

It's not part of the Marvel Universe. There's no Spider-Man. This is a SONY film through and through. You cannot have a Venom origin movie WITHOUT SPIDEY.

I get that, but lets get this origin story out the way and then we can have a movie with spidey. hardy should do it justice and lets have a bit of faith :)

Edited by KingTacoMunster

8 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

I get that, but lets get this origin story out the way and then we can have a movie with spidey. hardy should do it justice and lets have a bit of faith :)

But that's just the point. Spider-Man was directly involved with Venom's entire origin. Changing that changes the entire nature of the character to the core level. Otherwise, you've just got a movie about an alien suit hosted by a human.

220px-The_Guyver_poster.jpg

26 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

But that's just the point. Spider-Man was directly involved with Venom's entire origin. Changing that changes the entire nature of the character to the core level. Otherwise, you've just got a movie about an alien suit hosted by a human.

220px-The_Guyver_poster.jpg

yeeaaaa I get it, but maybe we will get a surprise spidey appearance

I'm with James on this 100%. It looks 'meh' at best. Granted...it's only a teaser to surely fire up all the uber-nerds like us and gets us conflicted...but if it doesn't have Spider-Man or even a mention or anything...then it's nearly impossible to have a proper Venom origin story then. Unless they do some wacky future story of a post-Spidey Brock and he's been cured of the symbiote and somehow comes back to it or something like that. Or it may be a more of a character study movie a la Ang Lee's Hulk (w/ Eric Bana)...which was alright for what it was trying to do...but still letdown.