50 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

Pretty salty about Venom getting a PG-13 rating by the way.

Yep, that and poor test screenings don't bode well. Which is too bad, because a lot of what was in the trailers looked good.

49 minutes ago, swb said:

I watched the Venom trailer that's on the Trailers app on Apple TV and neither my wife nor I could understand a single thing Venom said despite the TV being at normal volume.

Same. Barely understood his Bane voice or his muffled pilot voice in Dunkirk either. 

3 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

Captain Marvel trailer felt a little low-energy for me. But good LORD does she look amazing with the helmet on, dethroning Panther & Starlord.

They still do. Still co-written by Gunn, too, last I heard. 

Yeah, but my joke is that it still might not happen. The stars are unhappy (Bautista has been publicly burning bridges with Disney), preproduction has been put on hold, and a handful of directors have said they would refuse the gig if offered. I mean sure they could obviously get someone to take the job, but there's still a huge black cloud over the whole thing.

I believe they are currently doing final reshoots on Avengers 4, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up killing off the guardians.

14 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Yeah, but my joke is that it still might not happen. The stars are unhappy (Bautista has been publicly burning bridges with Disney), preproduction has been put on hold, and a handful of directors have said they would refuse the gig if offered. I mean sure they could obviously get someone to take the job, but there's still a huge black cloud over the whole thing.

I believe they are currently doing final reshoots on Avengers 4, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up killing off the guardians.

I dunno if they'd go as far as kill off the guardians entirely, especially since its rumored that an Adam Warlock appearance would be coming, and from my terrible understanding, arent the guardians sort of required for that storyline?

I honestly don't know a whole lot about the comics. A quick Google shows that they would've had to already introduce him if he was gonna figure into Avengers 4. But who knows.

I just like speculating on the business side of films. GotG is a billion dollar property, but it's looking more and more like GotG 3 is going to be a gamble more than a sure thing. Disney/Marvel know they got played by a fringe extremist group of scum. But now they're between a rock and a hard place. I don't know how much of Phase Four they've got the wheels already spinning on, but I really wouldn't be surprised if they cut their loses on more GotG. Honestly, I'd say it's 50/50 at this point.

looks like the new Disney streaming service is going to get Marvel TV series for Loki and the Scarlet Witch (among others), with both Tom Hiddleston and Elizabeth Olsen playing their characters.  sounds pretty cool since neither would get a standalone movie, could be interesting if it comes to fruition.

48 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I honestly don't know a whole lot about the comics. A quick Google shows that they would've had to already introduce him if he was gonna figure into Avengers 4. But who knows.

I just like speculating on the business side of films. GotG is a billion dollar property, but it's looking more and more like GotG 3 is going to be a gamble more than a sure thing. Disney/Marvel know they got played by a fringe extremist group of scum. But now they're between a rock and a hard place. I don't know how much of Phase Four they've got the wheels already spinning on, but I really wouldn't be surprised if they cut their loses on more GotG. Honestly, I'd say it's 50/50 at this point.

yeah, totally.  it will be interesting to see how they build out the next phase of movies... 

20 hours ago, jhulud said:

What has me most pumped for Captain Marvel is that it takes place in 90's...I'm way too hung up on that decade being that it was the most fun part of my life back then...Oh, the memories.

true!  do we have any idea on when in the 90s?  early? mid? late?  

10 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

true!  do we have any idea on when in the 90s?  early? mid? late?  

As posted on TheRealStanLee.com: http://therealstanlee.com/new-captain-marvel-trailer-breakdown/

Nothing says a film is set in the 1990’s quite like a Blockbuster Video. For those of you too young, this is where Americans used to rent movies from, on VHS, before streaming services were commonplace. One thing that stands out is the fact Blockbuster still had Video attached to the branding. That stopped after 1994, which means Captain Marvel is set prior to then.

15 minutes ago, jhulud said:

As posted on TheRealStanLee.com: http://therealstanlee.com/new-captain-marvel-trailer-breakdown/

Nothing says a film is set in the 1990’s quite like a Blockbuster Video. For those of you too young, this is where Americans used to rent movies from, on VHS, before streaming services were commonplace. One thing that stands out is the fact Blockbuster still had Video attached to the branding. That stopped after 1994, which means Captain Marvel is set prior to then.

perfect!  so my middle-school years, memories abound

Can we talk about how surprisingly good the second season of Iron Fist was?  Like I couldn’t believe I ended up liking it as much as I did, especially after how bad the first season was.  I’d say it was better than the second season of Luke Cage for sure.

Edited by FiggyPud

22 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

Can we talk about how surprisingly good the second season of Iron Fist was?  Like I couldn’t believe I ended up liking it as much as I did, especially after how bad the first season was.  I’d say it was better than the second season of Luke Cage for sure.

will I miss anything if I just start watching IF before finishing the second season of Luke Cage?  I just cant seem to get myself interested in following his storyline anymore

9 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

will I miss anything if I just start watching IF before finishing the second season of Luke Cage?  I just cant seem to get myself interested in following his storyline anymore

Honestly I don’t think so.  Besides some stuff with Misty, but nothing that has to do with Luke.

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

I'm not happy about this, though I really hope this leads to Daughters of the Dragon and Heroes for Hire series happening in some way.

Yeah I’m not either.  Especially after how good this past season of Iron Fist was.  2nd season of Luke Cage was kind of “whatever” for me, but I still enjoyed it,

Super excited to start new Daredevil though.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...