• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

havent seen the spiderman movie yet, but will soon.  I've got some time, though, since nothing new is coming until next year :)

for some reason I thought D+ was going to have those shows this fall, glad I have a year to wait to sign up!  

May 1, 2020: Black Widow

• Fall 2020: The Falcon and Winter Soldier
  • Nov. 6, 2020: The Eternals movie
  • Feb. 12, 2021: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
  • Spring 2021: WandaVision Disney Plus series
  • May 7, 2021: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
  • Spring 2021: Loki Disney Plus series
  • Summer 2021: What If...?
  • Fall 2021: Hawkeye
  • Nov. 5, 2021: Thor 4: Love and Thunder

1 minute ago, Rip said:

I’m still trying to wrap my head around why I should care about the Black Widow series coming out.  Considering her fate in End Game.

You can't like a story due to some completely different other story?

To keep it Marvel, the Agent Carter tv show was great.....did we all know what would happen to the characters in it due to movies that happened after it, yes.  

Still a great show.

1 minute ago, stl_ben said:

You can't like a story due to some completely different other story?

To keep it Marvel, the Agent Carter tv show was great.....did we all know what would happen to the characters in it due to movies that happened after it, yes.  

Still a great show.

Black Widow has always been the least interesting of the Marvel characters IN MY OPINION.  That’s why I said “why I should care”, as in speaking for myself and not “why WE should care”, because I know there are people who are interested.

Just wasn’t sure what the point was unless we’re going to see her doing things that are going to effect the universe faaaaar in the future.

• 2 years later...

Dropping in on an older thread to say Spider-Man was wicked. I knew going in that it had a ton of hype and people were really happy with it, but it genuinely blew me away. There were numerous times where the whole audience audibly freaked out; cheered, screamed. Very impressed with it, hopefully I can see it twice

Edited by Han Solo

• 2 weeks later...

So here this goes. 

I’m rewatching & catching up on the Netflix Marvel shows in the order intended. Finished DD S2 and now on to Luke Cage S1. 

In LC, Mahershala Ali’s Cottonmouth is the “big bad”. And the same actor has been announced & confirmed to be the new Blade (always will be Wesley Snipes, sorry), by mention in Eternals. 

And to add some “complication”, Netflix DD’s Charlie Cox’s Matt Murdock character was in the last Spider-Man movie. Spoiler alert. 

So now begs the geek nerd question. Does this all mean that the Netflix Marvel shows are canon and part of the larger MCU or not?

23 hours ago, jhulud said:

So now begs the geek nerd question. Does this all mean that the Netflix Marvel shows are canon and part of the larger MCU or not?

I believe it’s been confirmed that we’re supposed to pretend the Netflix stuff never happened.  But the idea is to cast the same actors to play their roles again.  Daredevil and Fisk actors are confirmed and the actors who played Jessica Jones and Punisher are rumored to return as well.  No word on Cage or Iron Fist yet though I don’t think.

Edited by Rip