Looks like Iron Man shows up in the next spidey movie: http://collider.com/spider-man-reboot-robert-downey-jr-iron-man/

I'd rather see a standalone Spider-Man movie to introduce the character to the universe before having him crammed into the MCU via Civil War (too late obviously) and Iron Man in a Spidey film. Obviously we'll have to wait and see what size role RDJ plays in "Homecoming" but as a huge Spider-Man fan, it sort of rubs me the wrong way that the character feels (from what I've seen so far anyway) shoehorned in as Iron Man's protege/ side kick. 

I know Peter becomes Stark's protege in the comics, but jumping right to that part of Spider-Man's story feels rushed. I'd like a buffer zone to just let Spider-Man be Spider-Man before there's more team up movies. I guess that's one way to skip over doing his origin story again.

I'd rather see a standalone Spider-Man movie to introduce the character to the universe before having him crammed into the MCU via Civil War (too late obviously) and Iron Man in a Spidey film. Obviously we'll have to wait and see what size role RDJ plays in "Homecoming" but as a huge Spider-Man fan, it sort of rubs me the wrong way that the character feels (from what I've seen so far anyway) shoehorned in as Iron Man's protege/ side kick.

I know Peter becomes Stark's protege in the comics, but jumping right to that part of Spider-Man's story feels rushed. I'd like a buffer zone to just let Spider-Man be Spider-Man before there's more team up movies. I guess that's one way to skip over doing his origin story again.

I think the spidey movie will be mainly about him but with Tony acting as like a mentor or just someone he goes to advice for

I dont think the world needs another Spiderman story that is wasted with explaining his origins/introducing the character.  If there is any character that can avoid a 2 hour introduction its Spiderman.  

Very true!! And it's not necessarily that I want another origins story (I need at least another 15 or 20 years before I can watch a new Uncle Ben die) but there's so many great Spider-Man villains that I'd like to see some more one on one stuff (excited for the possibility of The Vulture) before the character is fighting aliens with The Avengers (similar to the pre-Avengers Iron Man movies). Batman v Superman probably just left a bad taste in my mouth starting off with a super powered alien, and then having Bats fight human villains. The economy of scale feels off or rushed. The villains feel less intimidating going in reverse order. I guess between Civil War and Homecoming it'll probably be enough, and I'm probably whining about nothing. 

OP post updated

My Civil War thoughts

1- Tom Holland was a perfect Spider-Man. 
2- Marisa Tomei is hot as hell. It's a little weird seeing a hot Aunt May
3- The intro to Black Panther is fantastic! Chadwick Bozeman fits in perfect.
4- I was sad to see Peggy Carter go but it was a great segue way to bring in Sharon
5- Fitting 10-12 different superohereos is not easy especially with 3 "origin" stories to fit in but Marvel did a great job.
6- Glad to see the comedy still a part of the movie despite the serious tone of the movie
7- Scarlet Witch is the real MVP
8-GIANT MAN!!!
9- Quicksilver was missed :(
10- Shoutout to the writers for the Mark Fuhrman reference in the script. (Shady cop from the OJ Simpson trial)
11- The Cap/Bucky vs Tony fight scene was epic.
12- I was a little let down that the main villain was basically a normal person.
13- Where was Samuel Jackson?
14- Where was Thanos? We have two years to go until Avengers Infinity War Part 1 (Even though there are 5 movies inbetween that time)