PO soon: Earth - Primitive and Deadly

Yeah, they're more post-rockish, quite mellow really, compared to Earth. Their vibe is also really similar to what Crippled Black Phoenix have been doing for the last few albums so being into them, I couldn't say no to Se Delan. I trust Justin Greaves' artistic vision as much as Mr Carlson's.

They might've popped into my head due to that 70's surrealist reference directed at the new Earth cover. From what I've gathered from interviews, the concept behind Se Delan revolves around some old dark/surreal movies so maybe that threw up the analogy.

Somone posted on FB that at one of their recent shows they did six new ones from the album and they were all sans vocals. Lanegan is supposedly on some of the tracks though so I'm not sure how that pans out. Maybe they were doing shows without both guest vocalists? Only speculating.

• 5 weeks later...

I recall reading somewhere, a while back, that the vocals are only on a handful of songs. But I've also read that this is Earth's heaviest record, and I've also heard it's their poppiest. So who knows.

Oh okay. I guess I'm just the slightest bit hesitant about PO'ing cause maybe I won't like all the tracks. But heaviest is good. And I have warmed up to the single that was released. I just dunno... asdhjfgaslkj;k'

It's Earth.  I don't think we'll have anything to worry about.  The single caught me a bit off guard as well, but I've really warmed up to it.  The guitar work in the back half is just sublime.

I'm usually pretty hesitant to PO an album I haven't heard front to back, but Earth is a band I can definitely make an exception for, along with the new TWDY and the same went from the new Caspian.