PO soon: Earth - Primitive and Deadly

What's up with the King Dude on the poster? Also just now realizing that the woman could use a bit higher saturation, and maybe some value curve shifts, to fit in with the rest of the piece. Anyway, nitpicky. Really impatient to hear this album in full.

I noticed that immediately, and I also feel like the clash of colors contributes to a "collage" look of sorts.  Psychedelic to be sure.  I hope that the King Dude text is removed, and that it's just an art print sans text or logos.  (And rolled up in a tube, no less.)  But that's all a pipe dream.  It'll probably be that exact poster above on crappy, glossy paper and folded to fit into the mailer.  Oh well.  Even without a poster, the price was right in my books.

I noticed that immediately, and I also feel like the clash of colors contributes to a "collage" look of sorts.  Psychedelic to be sure.  I hope that the King Dude text is removed, and that it's just an art print sans text or logos.  (And rolled up in a tube, no less.)  But that's all a pipe dream.  It'll probably be that exact poster above on crappy, glossy paper and folded to fit into the mailer.  Oh well.  Even without a poster, the price was right in my books.

Yeah, will probably be this...something one would never show off on a wall!

SL doesn't include download cards in their releases. But when they make a physical release available via Bandcamp, you're are entitled to a download if your order through that channel (that doesn't apply to orders through SL.com).

That's still something I don't get...why are there still labels that don't include a free download of the music you're buying in a certain format? I mean it's the easiest thing to do and I'd never buy a download of something that I've bought on vinyl! It's just bad customer service imo.

Have to agree with that one. People seem to be upset about it on their FB page as well.

To most labels, vinyl always warrants a download. I won't have any qualms with downloading the album anyway if I've already got the physical release. It's really the least they could do, just add a small note inside or even stick it on the shrinkwrap on the outside. Strange...

Have to agree with that one. People seem to be upset about it on their FB page as well.

To most labels, vinyl always warrants a download. I won't have any qualms with downloading the album anyway if I've already got the physical release. It's really the least they could do, just add a small note inside or even stick it on the shrinkwrap on the outside. Strange...

Yeah, but you don't even have to do that...intheclouds for example redirects you either to the download page after payment or sends a mail with a download link to the email address of the buyer (not sure which of those two options they use).

But this way the label even saves the cost & work of printing/inserting the DL codes...

Some labels don't care about it or perhaps don't want to deal with the subject when signing the bands. Or even print the cards and insert them onto the folders.

SL comes from a CD/vinyl background, for some time they even ignored and rejected MP3s as something to look into. I guess they surrended and uploaded most of their catalog after they realised it could help them pay the bills but that's far from being related to the way they would want people to listen to their artists.

I'd rather them keep their costs reasonable than pay some plant a STUPID amount of money to insert digital download slips.

Its not like you won't be able to download the album before pre orders ship anyway.

As stated: it doesn't cost at all with automatically sent emails to the emal-address stated in the order...so, you don't have the costs nor the work!

And 2nd: I still can't listen to vinyl in my car. So either I have to pay twice for the same content (in different formats) or get my hands on a digital copy in another way...which is just stupid!

As stated: it doesn't cost at all with automatically sent emails to the emal-address stated in the order...so, you don't have the costs nor the work!

And 2nd: I still can't listen to vinyl in my car. So either I have to pay twice for the same content (in different formats) or get my hands on a digital copy in another way...which is just stupid!

Or, like the rest of the people who aren't complaining, you can buy the physical copy and then just locate a download somewhere online for mp3s.

It does still cost them money to do an mp3 release, because they have to pay for the bandwidth to host those downloads.

I still can't listen to vinyl in my car.

you can buy the physical copy and then just locate a download somewhere online for mp3s.

I have all yr problems solved! :)

Go the audacity and rip the vinyl to yr computer and then burn a CDr and/or transfer to yr ipod. You have the wonderful sensation of playing the record through from go to whoa, concentrating intently on the glorious sounds within. And then you can have that authentic vinyl sound in the car or wherever the hell ye are!  :) No searching for downloads, no disappointment when no download codes are present, just pure ecstasy as the needle rides the groove :D

I have all yr problems solved! :)

Go the audacity and rip the vinyl to yr computer and then burn a CDr and/or transfer to yr ipod. You have the wonderful sensation of playing the record through from go to whoa, concentrating intently on the glorious sounds within. And then you can have that authentic vinyl sound in the car or wherever the hell ye are!  :) No searching for downloads, no disappointment when no download codes are present, just pure ecstasy as the needle rides the groove :D

Why you hate planet?

FLAC->Phone->BlueTooth->CarStereo & one less CDr to end up in a landfill some day.

Why you hate planet?

FLAC->Phone->BlueTooth->CarStereo & one less CDr to end up in a landfill some day.

CDr and/or transfer to yr ipod.

did say 'or'

records hate planet. they are great to listen to whilst we pilot this place ever faster towards armageddon though...