PO soon: Earth - Primitive and Deadly

I think there might actually be different covered versions. A bit of a bummer if that's true as I was also looking forward to drooling all over this super UV deluxe soft-touch UV varnish.

When I checked on Discogs some time ago I noticed the "deluxe" version is not noted on all versions. Granted, most updates on Discogs are made by vinyl enthusiasts like us so the information might not be up to par all the time. Looking at Southern Lord's bandcamp and site the black version definitely has the deluxe artwork.

I think there might actually be different covered versions. A bit of a bummer if that's true as I was also looking forward to drooling all over this super UV deluxe soft-touch UV varnish.

When I checked on Discogs some time ago I noticed the "deluxe" version is not noted on all versions. Granted, most updates on Discogs are made by vinyl enthusiasts like us so the information might not be up to par all the time. Looking at Southern Lord's bandcamp and site the black version definitely has the deluxe artwork.

That's bizarre.  Is that actually what the description says, or are you using hyperbole?  (I ask because it sounds a little redundant.)  I went and looked at mine, and the jacket is thick.  Right up there with standard Southern Lord releases.  Each side of the gatefold is very sturdy and not flimsy in the slightest.  And while the cover is indeed soft, I'm seeing nothing that would make me think there's a UV varnish on it.

Mine feels like it has a rubberized finish almost...never felt another lp like it honestly.

Only listened to side one so far, the Lanegan vocals are cool but I'll need a few more listens. The guitar from Brett Netson is a bit surprising too - little BTSpill flourishes that almost act like 'guitar drum-fills'....

I took some photos to compare the US and EU editions. The jacket on the US one is very sturdy and the finish has the same 'soft touch' feel as Jack White's Lazaretto Ultra LP. The EU version is pretty standard card stock, with no varnish or finish on it. A bit of a disappointment, really. But the music is great!

DSC05067_zps1f5f8ce4.jpg

DSC05084_zps48436f01.jpg

DSC05074_zpsd688dfab.jpg

More pictures: http://s916.photobucket.com/user/JSusi-o/library/Earth

That's bizarre.  Is that actually what the description says, or are you using hyperbole?  (I ask because it sounds a little redundant.)  I went and looked at mine, and the jacket is thick.  Right up there with standard Southern Lord releases.  Each side of the gatefold is very sturdy and not flimsy in the slightest.  And while the cover is indeed soft, I'm seeing nothing that would make me think there's a UV varnish on it.

Haha yes, I accidentally hyperboled the hell out of it. Didn't pay too close attention to what I wrote so that's what came out.

That comparison photo is great. Good to see them side by side like that. They look identical except for being on the opposite ends of the colour spectrum. Looking forward to getting the red/orange swirl. Too bad about the cover, will know better to pay a bit more and get the US version.

So is it just the EU pressings that have the different cover? All other US versions have the textured sleeve?

Just looking at this version on Discogs -http://www.discogs.com/Earth-Primitive-And-Deadly/release/5986730 - so this is the standard black with this UV/texture sleeve?

I can't even make it through an entire track on this album, it's terrible. what the fuck is with this guitar tone? why change one of the most recognizable guitar tones ever? it makes no sense! vocals were not a good idea either. ugh, this makes me sad.

I like most songs except the second track. It's alright.