Side Projects That You Think Are Better?

Are there any "side projects" out there that you find better than the original project that an artist was involved in? Let's face it, a side project has a bit of an implication with it that it is not as good or popular as the main one.

I have a few to get going. Of course everyone has different opinions :P

The Last Shadow Puppets -  I really liked the first few albums of Arctic Monkeys, and still have enjoyed all their albums. But when I heard The Last Shadow Puppets I was almost blown away that it was a side project. Alex Turner and Miles Davis do a great job here. It's got the lyrics and rock of early Arctic Monkeys fused with awesome orchestral components courtesy of some cool guy named James Ford who I have no knowledge of :P

Rain Machine - Kyp Malone from TV On The Radio's solo album. I moderately enjoyed most of TV On The Radio's album's but this was way more up my alley.

annnndddd..

Them Crooked Vultures -  I enjoy The Foo Fighters. And I enjoy Queens Of The Stoneage. But I LOVE Them Crooked Vultures.

Honorable Mention to : Street Sweeper Social Club (As good, but not quite better than Rage Against The Machine)

What about you guys?

Project X was way better then it's member's bands, minus Gorilla Biscuits. And that's mostly just because of "Straight Edge Revenge."

I listen to Heavens and Dan Andriano in the Emergency Room more than I listen to Alkaline Trio, and same with Brendan Kelly and the Wandering Birds and Sundowner versus the Lawrence Arms.  Part of that might just be that I want a certain style at a certain time (e.g., "Dan songs" or "Chris songs"), while their full bands alternate between different styles with the different vocalists.

+44 < angels < blink 182 < the shit i just took

Hmmm. Can't say I've listened to too much of either band. But from what I gather Blink 182 is tremendously more popular than +44. So I bet this isn't that popular of an opinion.

Those are the ones I like :P

Some interesting ones so far!