PO: Opeth Pale Communion Deluxe Box or LP (8/26/14)

opeth_boxset.jpgs

$49.99

Product Description

7” sized foil stamped double slipcase housing:

• 7” of bonus track “Solitude” recorded live at Stockholm Sodra Teatern in April 2012
  • 7” of bonus track “Var Kommer Barnen In” recorded live at Stockholm Sodra Teatern in April 2012
  • 7” of “Cusp of Eternity
  •  Pale Communion CD and Blu Ray of 5.1 audio mixes housed in gatefold jacket
  •  Oversized booklet
  •  Download of exclusive commentary by Mikael Åkerfeldt on the making of Pale Communion
  •  Download of live bonus tracks

This is a limited edition Box set. Only 2,500 available worldwide.

Order here:  http://store.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/opeth/deluxe-pale-communion-box-set-bundle.html

opeth_2lp.jpg

$28.99

Product Description
2-LP 180 gram black vinyl in gatefold jacket
Bundle Includes:

Pale Communion Gatefold Vinyl

Order here:  http://store.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/opeth/deluxe-pale-communion-vinyl-gatefold-bundle.html

Yeah, that's why I bought both. It's actually fine as people who don't want the extras or a particular format don't have to buy what they don't want. The deluxe Heritage which had everything together was about $80, which is the same price as the two sets together. So, win-win.

The only down side to this is as far as I know, this is NOT being pressed at Pallas, like Heritage was.

The only down side to this is as far as I know, this is NOT being pressed at Pallas, like Heritage was.

I dont have access to my records right now but were both the EU and US version of Heritage pressed at Pallas? I know that the sleeves were definitely different. I have the US black press and the EU blue press, I have never checked the deadwax info. I remember the US press sounding amazing (bit too much surface noise though), havent listened to the EU blue version.

Regarding the new album. I like it that they are using blu-ray discs now, DVD format needs to die. And if Jasper is reading this. Are the EU and US press different (meaning: different lacquer and pressing plants?). Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...