PO: Opeth Pale Communion Deluxe Box or LP (8/26/14)

• 4 weeks later...

Is the EU and US press different (vinyl cut)?

According to discogs, the EU press should have this in the dead wax: 

• Matrix / Runout (Side A): 0016861757311 A
  • Matrix / Runout (Side B): 0016861757311 B
  • Matrix / Runout (Side C): 0016861757311 C
  • Matrix / Runout (Side D): 0016861757311 D

What about the US press? 

Thanks.

I'm assuming it will be same as with Heritage, where the US and EU releases had different presses. I've got both and they sound the same so the master should be the same. EU was pressed by Optimal, can't remember about the US one but it does have a different deadwax.

Still waiting on my PC order, plus it's bank holiay here monday so doubt I will get it for release now (ordered from stereoboutique).

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the deluxe box set without checking the description carefully. It has a picture of 3 lp I just assumed it was the album, but just a few 7 inches. Anybody interested in buying it from me? Same price I paid 55 cdn plus shipping. It's still sealed.

I should have also read earlier posts in this thread as that was pointed out earlier lol.

It is better, but that is subjective. Where Heritage was more experimental, this album is way more 70's prog, to the point where it's almost a tribute album. Songwriting wise, it most resembles Ghost Reveries, but without the thick, compressed heavy metal guitars and a lot more organ. No growls, and even some layered, harmonized vocals.

Despite my wishing that in a few places, a heavy rhythm guitar took over instead of the organ, the album is very good, and after a few listens easily became one of my top Opeth albums.

Guys, how is the quality of the vinyl pressing for you?  I've gone through two copies and the vinyl quality is poor....rice krispies in most quiet parts plus tics all spread around randomly.

No amount of cleaning helped.

If there are quiet pressings out there, I will likely keep pursuing it till I get a good copy.  Else, I won't bother and live with what I have.

Guys, how is the quality of the vinyl pressing for you?  I've gone through two copies and the vinyl quality is poor....rice krispies in most quiet parts plus tics all spread around randomly.

No amount of cleaning helped.

If there are quiet pressings out there, I will likely keep pursuing it till I get a good copy.  Else, I won't bother and live with what I have.

Here is sample of most quiet part on Side A https://soundcloud.com/aealo/sample