MAN ADVICE v2.0

I don't know, I see it as a good thing. I like to approach every relationship I am in as something where I would hope there is long term potential otherwise I'm just wasting my time and theirs. I try and not get too over the top at first though. When it's new, it's new and it's hard to really gauge where it's going but I always hope it works out

I was constantly balancing between holding my cards close to the vest and being like 'I want to spend the rest of my life with you' when I enter into a new exciting relationship. This current relationship thankfully worked out in my favor because we were both feeling the forever thing a week after meeting. But it can be terrifying when you have no idea what the other one is really thinking.

As a girl:

How would you feel if a guy that works in the same building, but totally different departments, and have little contact with in the month and a half he's worked there, went up to you and asked you out for a drink or something? And he's not fucking hideous or a total creep.

As Dave Grohl: I say go for it. Just be polite, yet confident. If she says yes, fuck yea. If she says no, respect her choice by giving her a smile and a "no worries".

Done.

As a girl:

How would you feel if a guy that works in the same building, but totally different departments, and have little contact with in the month and a half he's worked there, went up to you and asked you out for a drink or something? And he's not fucking hideous or a total creep.

do it, or forever live with the "what if?".

As a girl:

Personally a little weird due to the little to no contact thing, and I would probably politely decline. I'm also socially inept so I don't count.

However, this is exactly how my boyfriend and I met. He was in IT and would come by every so often to troubleshoot. Called me April. Said it was because I remind him of Ludgate. Hence introducing me to P&R. I introduced him to Arrested Development. Never stopped talking constantly since then.

Edit: Talk to her. At the very least.

That's what I'm worried about. That she'll be weirded out or something. She's in the HR dept and I don't have too much business being there. Which makes it hard to even have a chance to talk with her. Rarely see her walking around in my dept, but she always does say hi.would be nice I we at least worked in the same dept.

And I have been trying to live my life actually doing the things I want so as not to have that "what if?" thought lingering around. Except that it's so hard and nervewracking when it comes to striking up a conversation with a girl. Everything else I just go for it and do things, but still haven't managed to get over the nerves to talk to a girl I don't already know. But then come to think of it, guess all the girl friends I've had had to have started somewhere right? Except that I don't recall how most started..

As a girl:

That's what I'm worried about. That she'll be weirded out or something. She's in the HR dept and I don't have too much business being there. Which makes it hard to even have a chance to talk with her. Rarely see her walking around in my dept, but she always does say hi.would be nice I we at least worked in the same dept.

And I have been trying to live my life actually doing the things I want so as not to have that "what if?" thought lingering around. Except that it's so hard and nervewracking when it comes to striking up a conversation with a girl. Everything else I just go for it and do things, but still haven't managed to get over the nerves to talk to a girl I don't already know. But then come to think of it, guess all the girl friends I've had had to have started somewhere right? Except that I don't recall how most started..

From your 1st post I legit thought you were the girl & the dude came up to you. But yeah man, like everyone else said... go for it. You've got nothing to lose.

As a girl:

you just defined asking someone out. it used to be very normal.

now just have to find an excuse to go the HR office to talk to her...

You want to set up your direct deposit.

You want to remove your direct deposit.

You want to change your 401K contribution.

You want to stop your 401K contribution.

You want to start your 401K contribution.

You're not sure what 401K is, and you have a few questions, if that's okay.

You need to update your address.

You need to go back and undo the address change request. It turns out you haven't moved after all.

You want to pitch an idea for a company party.

Your boss looked at you funny, and now you feel like you are in an uncomfortable work environment.

I can't guarantee she won't avoid you at all cost outside of her work duties if you use that last one.

You need to go back and undo the address change request. It turns out you haven't moved after all.

Your boss looked at you funny, and now you feel like you are in an uncomfortable work environment.

I can't guarantee she won't avoid you at all cost outside of her work duties if you use that last one.

hahaha this is too funny! i'll try and avoid using that last one 

I can't guarantee she won't avoid you at all cost outside of her work duties if you use that last one.

this was cute

Getting time with HR is my speciality.  Some of my tips and tricks for getting large amounts of time with HR.

Cut off part of a finger at work.  You'll get tons of time with HR.

Get your boss to diagnose you as bipolar.  He'll send you to HR to get information about mental issues.

Be threatening and intimidating.  Your boss will have HR in the disciplinary meetings, as a bonus he'll ban you from making eye contact because he finds that to be threatening and intimidating.

If you want any more I can throw out some more suggestions, I've had probably 10 meetings with HR.  Pretty much all for disciplinary reasons.

Fuck I miss my old boss.  It's hilarious how ridiculously we clashed.