MAN ADVICE v2.0

No one got heart shaped pizza?!?!?! We ended up making a weekend trip out of it since I was out of town for work :P Gym, alumni hockey game, heart shaped pizzas on Friday. Binged watched movies on Saturday and got some bomb falaffel salads. Sunday we spent half the day at my family's place and then half at hers \m/

Got her flowers, a minion valentine, and found the picture book that she has been looking for her classroom :D

....I played the crap out of League of Legends yesterday though! :P Is Burgerville a Jimmy Buffet place? I love that guy :D

So earlier this week I found out a friend was talking to a coworker and she has a daughter who's single. He went on to hype me up to her and showed her pics of me and apparently she's interested. Today I was given her phone number and first name and was told to call or text her. I know absolutely nothing else about this girl but he said she was cute and would be a good match for me. So we'll see how this goes.

One thing that is a little off putting is that she has the same first name as my sister. Would something like that bother any of you?

nah. i'd be more bothered if they had the same name as an ex. but not a family member. especially if it's something pretty common and generic. if your sister has a really unique and exotic name like "Rainbow Sparkles Smith" and you met another "Rainbow Sparkles" then that would be very weird. 

• 4 weeks later...

Got into a big fight with my gf of a year tonight. Trying not to overreact but we may not be able to fix this one. Don't think I'm gonna get a lot of sleep tonight.

I'm really happy with her 99% of the time. She has another side that comes out the other 1% though that is really sassy and aggressive. It's not always alcohol related but that promotes it. Despite me sometimes voicing strong opinions on here and not being afraid to call people out, in real life I try and stay mostly mellow, positive, and avoid conflict. Occasionally she would say things to friends and family that would make me cringe a little bit but for the most part I'd just try and quash it instead of really addressing it. It wasn't until someone kinda had a talk with me and pointed out the problem that it really started to grow into something I felt like I had to call her out on. That happened tonight.

I'd like to give her a chance to work on this. No one is perfect (including me) and if you admit a problem and work on it, things can get better. There's still a part of me, though, that thinks this is just part of who she is. She may be able to keep it under wraps in the short term but if we end up married later on, it would eventually come out again. And where it's going to eventually end up is having a wife that has a contentious relationship with my friends and/or family. That's not what I want.

For right now, just trying not to overreact and take a step back to reevaluate.

Good thoughts your way, man.

I have been in a very similar situation with my girlfriend of now three years. We were pretty much around the one year barrier and it took a turn to not adding up at all. We were working against each other all the time. We're both strong characters with conflictive opinions on a lot of things and it seemed like, although loving each other, we fought against the others affection.

There was this one big fight that brought me to openly question our relationship and wether it makes any sense to go on like this. That kind of clicked with both of us. Without changing our individual ways we all of a sudden added up to something good instead of bringing ourselves down constantly. It has been this way ever since.

I hope you both do see a chance for your relationship and make it work out. I'd say it's definitely worth fighting for and working on. Good luck!

No one's perfect and disagreements happen, but she's fallen a bit on the side of it happening too frequently.

Today has been pretty quiet. Supposed to talk later. It's partially my fault for not speaking up sooner instead of letting it get to this point.

Basically, she's just got to understand where I'm coming from, make an effort to change, and I'm in to try and work it out. Put a year into this, it's worth trying to fix. If it ends up being a continuous fight, it'll end.

I always felt that finding somebody who puts up with me AND all of my friends and family is kind of a tall order.

but then, I don't even want to deal with my family and my friends are all assholes.

Finally found someone like this, someone that would actually put up with my anger problem and attitude and now I find myself having less of an attitude and anger problems.

The more life goes on I find myself having the same mentality as your second statement.

No one's perfect and disagreements happen, but she's fallen a bit on the side of it happening too frequently.

Today has been pretty quiet. Supposed to talk later. It's partially my fault for not speaking up sooner instead of letting it get to this point.

Basically, she's just got to understand where I'm coming from, make an effort to change, and I'm in to try and work it out. Put a year into this, it's worth trying to fix. If it ends up being a continuous fight, it'll end.

Good luck, hope it works out.

so since the new year I've been talking to someone quite a lot.  We text all the time, hang out a ton ( this week 5x although mostly at night ) and are really couple-y when we are together.  She's introduced me to most of her friends (and vice versa) and I've met her mom and all that.

from the very beginning she's stressed that this was just sexual, that we would never ever date, etc, and I agreed, like what else am I supposed to say? ( at that time, and maybe even now, that's what I want ).

maybe a month and a half ago I had asked her what she was doing and she told me hanging out with some boy.  It devastated me despite me really trying hard not to care.  I wasn't surprised.  We ended up talking about it and I explained to her how I don't want us to stop talking and being cute and I just don't want to know what she is doing.

She constantly tells me to talk to other girls, but when I'm not hanging out with her I don't want to spend time with other people.  I do text other people and I re-downloaded tinder just so I could try and feel less alone when I know she's hanging out with other guys ( even tho she doesn't tell me now, it's pretty obvious ).  I have hung out with other girls and hooked up with a couple since New Years but I feel dirty and as if I'm doing something wrong.  I also don't like potentially leading on other girls ( but I should probably be upfront about the situation ).

On Friday she was really drunk and told me she loved me 100x and also cried a ton and wouldn't tell me why.  Her friend told me that she had said that she was crying because she didn't want to hurt me but doesn't want to feel like her freedom is being taken away.  She denied everything when I talked to her about it though, which doesn't surprise me.

soo long story short -

how do I let myself not get bothered that she sometimes hooks up with other guys?? ( its mostly only one guy, who creeps me the fuck out. its her shitty tattoo artist who is like 14 years older than her and absolutely obsessed with her )

I don't know want what we're doing to end anytime soon but I don't want to sit alone at night and be sad either.

so since the new year I've been talking to someone quite a lot.  We text all the time, hang out a ton ( this week 5x although mostly at night ) and are really couple-y when we are together.  She's introduced me to most of her friends (and vice versa) and I've met her mom and all that.

from the very beginning she's stressed that this was just sexual, that we would never ever date, etc, and I agreed, like what else am I supposed to say? ( at that time, and maybe even now, that's what I want ).

maybe a month and a half ago I had asked her what she was doing and she told me hanging out with some boy.  It devastated me despite me really trying hard not to care.  I wasn't surprised.  We ended up talking about it and I explained to her how I don't want us to stop talking and being cute and I just don't want to know what she is doing.

She constantly tells me to talk to other girls, but when I'm not hanging out with her I don't want to spend time with other people.  I do text other people and I re-downloaded tinder just so I could try and feel less alone when I know she's hanging out with other guys ( even tho she doesn't tell me now, it's pretty obvious ).  I have hung out with other girls and hooked up with a couple since New Years but I feel dirty and as if I'm doing something wrong.  I also don't like potentially leading on other girls ( but I should probably be upfront about the situation ).

On Friday she was really drunk and told me she loved me 100x and also cried a ton and wouldn't tell me why.  Her friend told me that she had said that she was crying because she didn't want to hurt me but doesn't want to feel like her freedom is being taken away.  She denied everything when I talked to her about it though, which doesn't surprise me.

soo long story short -

how do I let myself not get bothered that she sometimes hooks up with other guys?? ( its mostly only one guy, who creeps me the fuck out. its her shitty tattoo artist who is like 14 years older than her and absolutely obsessed with her )

I don't know want what we're doing to end anytime soon but I don't want to sit alone at night and be sad either.

these all sound like pretty standard plays straight out of the crazy-bitch handbook.