MAN ADVICE v2.0

her: I just don't care for relationships whatsoever I am so bad at them :)

me: I am aware of that first hand
her: I am sorry

other things she said

her: I don't mind hanging out. I just take most things seriously and don't like to leave things lingering
her: I like to know what I am with someone
her: relationships really bother me, but they give you bounds.

AKA what the heck.  I think we'll hang out again at least but yeahhhhhhhhh drama

So my girlfriend just got off work (she's a barista). And she told me that some guy who keeps coming to get a drink and always invites her to see his band play at some club, but it's 18+ , hugged her and kissed her on the neck today. She's 16, and this guy is older obviously (not sure of his exact age, but probably in 20s) and he told her she would be the first person he would tell if he played an all ages show. I am not sure if I should be allowed to be upset at this or not. I think it's pretty presumptive of him to violate her personal space at her workplace like that, and if I had been there I would've probably given him a stern talking to. Not sure if I'm overreacting though, my girl doesn't seem too bothered by it though she was made uncomfortable obviously.

So my girlfriend just got off work (she's a barista). And she told me that some guy who keeps coming to get a drink and always invites her to see his band play at some club, but it's 18+ , hugged her and kissed her on the neck today. She's 16, and this guy is older obviously (not sure of his exact age, but probably in 20s) and he told her she would be the first person he would tell if he played an all ages show. I am not sure if I should be allowed to be upset at this or not. I think it's pretty presumptive of him to violate her personal space at her workplace like that, and if I had been there I would've probably given him a stern talking to. Not sure if I'm overreacting though, my girl doesn't seem too bothered by it though she was made uncomfortable obviously.

If she told him that she had a boyfriend, then the kiss is strange. So is the fact that he is knowingly hitting on a 16 year old if he is in his 20s.

pederastzd0.jpg

If she told him that she had a boyfriend, then the kiss is strange. So is the fact that he is knowingly hitting on a 16 year old if he is in his 20s.

pederastzd0.jpg

Update, actually I got 2 facts wrong. He's a magician, not a musician. And he's in his 30s not his 20s.

Also, she didn't tell him she has a boyfriend, and I also feel that she shouldn't have to for him to just be a respectful customer and not a creepy prick.

Hey man I think it's weird, but apparently I am overreacting (girlfriend's words) to think so.

In my experience, some customers mistake friendliness for flirting and she has to very clearly let him know she's not interested in any kind of touching. You can talk to him but she has to be the one to ultimately do it.

But that's just my experience and that may not be worth much.

In my experience, some customers mistake friendliness for flirting and she has to very clearly let him know she's not interested in any kind of touching. You can talk to him but she has to be the one to ultimately do it.

But that's just my experience and that may not be worth much.

Yeah I feel ya, but it seems she doesn't think that way at all and is apparently fine with it and I am the weird one for thinking that that was inappropriate, so there's that. 

Even outside of her relationship in which she is supposed to be committed to you (which adds a whole other level of weird), if a 16 year old chick doesn't think it's inappropriate for a random 30+ year old customer to kiss her on the neck while she's working, she's got some issues. Either that or she's into it and inviting that kind of behavior.

Either way, I'd head for the hills bro.

Even outside of her relationship in which she is supposed to be committed to you (which adds a whole other level of weird), if a 16 year old chick doesn't think it's inappropriate for a random 30+ year old customer to kiss her on the neck while she's working, she's got some issues. Either that or she's into it and inviting that kind of behavior.

Either way, I'd head for the hills bro.

We actually got in a huge argument about this with me not understanding why she didn't say anything, and is inviting that kind of shit by not saying anything. I mean if he's not getting a no, then he's basically getting a yes (or at least thinks he is) I'm accepting your flirtatious behavior, and thus reciprocating it in some way? She said it happened so fast she felt awkward, and she isn't the type to speak up about it, so she didn't tell him she had a boyfriend, or that that was inappropriate. She thinks I'm blaming her as the victim, and I'm not trying to, but I'm trying to make her understand that logic of "if it's not a no, then it's a yes (to him)". Like shit, you're going to lead this guy on and he might try for even more next time who knows, and this sick dude is like 30, who knows what he'll do if she continues allowing this to happen and she eventually says no. That Elliot Rodger dude killed people for less. Then when I explained that to her she told me she isn't some passive little girl, and she can take care of herself but the evidence is clearly not pointing at that. So I honestly don't know what to say about this. 

What a fucking ass. If a dude I rarely knew kissed me on the neck and invaded my space/rights like that, I would punch him in the jugular.

That's sexual harassment.

Second, a female should not have to tell a male that she has a boyfriend in order for him to respect that she's not interested.

Third, what the hell kind of magician has 18+ shows?

This is why adults(18+) don't date children(16yo).

Firstly, it's weird as fuck. Sure it's only two years. And i'm not sure about the laws in america. But here, that's statutory rape. Dump the child,move on to adults. Quit playing childish games.

One, The laws are state to state. Two, that's not even a big gap in age and is perfectly acceptable here. Where I am 16 is age of consent so not shit can be done about it. I lived that life. I was 17 and she was 14. It ended when I was 18 and she was 15. We met through school and I thought she was older than I was. She was 6'0 at 14. Third, you just don't understand the age thing and that's fine because a lot of people do not.

One, The laws are state to state. Two, that's not even a big gap in age and is perfectly acceptable here. Where I am 16 is age of consent so not shit can be done about it. I lived that life. I was 17 and she was 14. It ended when I was 18 and she was 15. We met through school and I thought she was older than I was. She was 6'0 at 14. Third, you just don't understand the age thing and that's fine because a lot of people do not.

I'm 18 and she's 16, she's been homeschooled and just graduated and starts college this fall. We've been together for a 13 months, and a lot of people think it's weird but a 2 year age gap isn't shit, especially since we're both out of high school. It's a different thing when you've got a 6th grader and a sophomore dating. (11 and 15), but the age thing isn't really the issue. She has been a wonderful girlfriend, but it's just this thing that I can't seem to deal with. 

PK77md8.jpg

Literally thought of this too btw. 

What a fucking ass. If a dude I rarely knew kissed me on the neck and invaded my space/rights like that, I would punch him in the jugular.

That's sexual harassment.

Second, a female should not have to tell a male that she has a boyfriend in order for him to respect that she's not interested.

Third, what the hell kind of magician has 18+ shows?

Yeah, I don't know she grew up around 5 older brothers and a bit of a tomboy so I feel like that may have something to do with her not  understanding the severity of what that guy did.

Also I totally agree, it shouldn't be mandatory, but if it works it works. 

Naawww, if someone tried to do that to me and wouldn't leave me alone, I wouldn't bother with the "I have a boyfriend" line. Why? Because I am not okay with the fact that some dude would only leave me alone because he respects another man more than my personal space.

I would have 0 problems getting management or the cops involved for sexual harassment.

I have a voice and god damn, you will listen to it.

That's what your girlfriend needs to get out of this situation.