MAN ADVICE v2.0

I was able to meet up with a lot of people in the 2 years I had tinder and for the last few months OKC.  (i deleted them now since I found out that I am indeed able to meet people in person if I go out more often lol).  They kind of worked for me but I didn't feel connections with most of the people I talked to.

I've been on the online dating "scene" for about 6 months and I've met up / dated 3 different girls... clicked real well with one not so much with the other 2.

So after about two years of no luck on a bunch of free dating sites, I bit the bullet and decided to give money to Match.com. Sent a bunch of messages out and got one response. We were chatting back and forth for a couple days and I eventually brought up meeting for coffee or something. Haven't heard from her since.

I'm sorry to hear that happened. Not that I see anything wrong with throwing money at it, but I feel like all of these sites/apps help perpetuate the lack of necessity in showing true interest in someone. People are afraid of rejection and/or are always looking for something better, so they ghost on potential suitors until they find that "perfect" match. I do find it odd though that if someone is willing to pay for a service such as Match, that they wouldn't use it for the intended purpose - meeting someone.

I hope this doesn't discourage you, and that you find an even better lady for a date!

Keep okc, pof, and/or tinder (whatever you like the best) on top of match. It doesn't hurt anything to keep a profile up there. If women "like" you, the sites seem to bring them to the top of your list. You can sort through these with just 10 minutes or so every week or two. Doesn't have to be a big commitment. Also, you never know if that long lost crush from high school or an old job is going to see you and message. Just increase your odds by increasing your footprint.

There's also the strategy of swiping right to everyone and sorting through what comes back. I've been seeing my GF for about 9 months. Found her with this technique.

Match is worth it for a little while but if you feel like you've gone through all the girls in your general area with no luck, it's not worth staying on there for the trickle of new sign ups given the cost. Just my opinion.

I'm sorry to hear that happened. Not that I see anything wrong with throwing money at it, but I feel like all of these sites/apps help perpetuate the lack of necessity in showing true interest in someone. People are afraid of rejection and/or are always looking for something better, so they ghost on potential suitors until they find that "perfect" match. I do find it odd though that if someone is willing to pay for a service such as Match, that they wouldn't use it for the intended purpose - meeting someone.

I hope this doesn't discourage you, and that you find an even better lady for a date!

Thanks! And I totally agree. It's not like one date/meet up prevents you from talking to/browsing other people. As long as you're not just using it for free meals and are actually willing to give people a chance to impress you, why not?

Keep okc, pof, and/or tinder (whatever you like the best) on top of match. It doesn't hurt anything to keep a profile up there. If women "like" you, the sites seem to bring them to the top of your list. You can sort through these with just 10 minutes or so every week or two. Doesn't have to be a big commitment. Also, you never know if that long lost crush from high school or an old job is going to see you and message. Just increase your odds by increasing your footprint.

There's also the strategy of swiping right to everyone and sorting through what comes back. I've been seeing my GF for about 9 months. Found her with this technique.

Match is worth it for a little while but if you feel like you've gone through all the girls in your general area with no luck, it's not worth staying on there for the trickle of new sign ups given the cost. Just my opinion.

I still have all the others going, for sure. I learned firsthand that OKC filters your search results unless you pay, though. I'm not sure how their rating system works now, but they used to have people rate each other 1-5 stars and your search results were based on how you were rated by others. If you were rated a 2-3, you were only given 2s-3s in your searches. And 4s and 5s were shown everyone. You can turn off the filtering if you're an A-List member.

And Tinder sucks where I live because every match I got in the last 2 years has been spam. I learned I had to swipe left any profile that didn't have any writing on them. No matches at all since I started doing this, but at least no spammers.

And I agree about Match. I only paid for the cheapest option (2 months for $36) because I know the pool isn't gonna grow that much. Plus since both you and whoever you message has to pay in order to talk to each other, you don't know if you're even gonna get a response.

Not sure if this is the right thread to put this, but it slightly related;

Basically I've been growing my hair for some time and it's finally at a length I'd like (just above shoulder length) and I'm struggling to find a decent product to use in it that basically gives it a nice feel so my hair isn't held in place but has the sort of volume it has when it's damp (not a massive afro once it's dried) I'm lucky as my hair is naturally straight and I'm kinda going for the Dave grohl sort of look so I'd appreciate any help as I've been just using a small amount of brylcreem in it when it's wet to take volume out but sometimes it's not quite enough and it can go greasy pretty fast. Thanks!

Basically I've been growing my hair for some time and it's finally at a length I'd like (just above shoulder length) and I'm struggling to find a decent product to use in it that basically gives it a nice feel so my hair isn't held in place but has the sort of volume it has when it's damp (not a massive afro once it's dried) I'm lucky as my hair is naturally straight and I'm kinda going for the Dave grohl sort of look so I'd appreciate any help as I've been just using a small amount of brylcreem in it when it's wet to take volume out but sometimes it's not quite enough and it can go greasy pretty fast. Thanks!

fabio-old-spice-o.gif

i've dealt with similar issues since i have hashimotos and it leaves my hair dry. i find it best to only wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week and use dry shampoo (i use no drought by lush) to combat the grease. also you can use a boar bristle brush to help spread out the grease that tends to collect at your roots/scalp. it sounds gross but its so much better for your hair and skin rather than drying yourself out by showering everyday or more.

coconut oil is also great to use. the best time to use it is 20-30 minutes before you shower. work it in like lebowski said - focusing on your ends - and let it sit for about 30 minutes. then hop in the shower and wash.

you could also try a moisturizer after you shower, too. i use lush's r&b and it helps with frizz.

You trying to look like me? I'm flattered.

Well, it happened again, but even worse this time. Was talking with a girl for about a week and a half. She gave me her number and even added me on Facebook. Great rapport and we made plans to meet up this coming weekend a couple days ago. All of a sudden I noticed this morning she blocked me on Facebook and blocked my number. No idea what happened.