Hello everyone.  I decided a few months back to start my own label, and I posted some general information about it over in the everything else board.  I've seen other cassette pre-order information listed in here, and I just wanted to do that with the releases I'm putting out as well.  The hope is to build this one step at a time to then get to vinyl releases, instead of jumping in to an outrageous initial investment.  I already have plans moving forward with over 10 different artists/releases, and I currently have the first three available to stream / digital download / pre-order.  The first three are only $5 a piece.  Tapes should arrive by June 30th, and will be shipped out immediately. 

Stream all releases here.

Pre-order all releases here.

More info over on our facebook page.

Things will be even more legit soon over at www.fleshandbone-records.com

First three releases are as follows:

PRE_20ORDER_201_original.jpg

Sky Flying By - Can You Say It With One Word?
Track Listing:
1. Welcome
2. Reliving
3. Endearing
4. Irreplaceable
5. The Long Way Around

First pressing: /50 Black/Silver Swirl Cassettes

Each cassette will include:
Digital download card
J-Card insert in clear case
1 8 page zine with song explanations
1 Flesh and Bone Records sticker

Other Minds - Close Enough

Track Listing:
1. Go Home
2. Only Thoughts
3. "Forget It"
4. Fall
5. Ravine
6. Sydney

First pressing:  /25 Transparent Blue/Pink Swirl Cassettes

Digital download card
Front/Back full color insert
1 bird feather

Wolves&Wolves&Wolves&Wolves - Scorched Earth

Track Listing:
1. Facade
2. Scorched Earth
3. Bad Name
4. Cathedral

First pressing:  /25 Half Pink / Half Black Cassettes

Digital download card
U-Card case
Front and back insert w/ lyrics
1 hand-drawn, hand-numbered sketch by the cover artist /25

Thanks for the kind words so far!  All three releases are very different from one another, but they're all great for what they are.  This label is going to be extremely diversified, and with some of the other bands that will be announced soon, it makes the roster even broader, which I'm loving.

We also announced a new band/release today and that is streaming on the bandcamp.  I won't put up more info on these than I have to, not trying to spam or anything.  I'll save that for next week.  Hope you all enjoy what you hear!

For once i wish i actually understood collecting cassettes because you're doing some cool stuff w/ it. I might end up buying a couple just to support, but i can't wait to see what you do with vinyl when the time comes.

With the way I want to approach this with the artists I'm working with, I'm just wanting to celebrate the idea of a unique physical release without the burden of a lot of debt.  I have enough money saved for this project to either get things rolling for around 20 bands doing tapes, or 1 band doing a record.  With the way I see it, I'd much rather help those 20 bands get something in their hands that will hopefully lead to vinyl down the line, rather than crash and burn before this gets any forward momentum. 

With the way I want to approach this with the artists I'm working with, I'm just wanting to celebrate the idea of a unique physical release without the burden of a lot of debt. I have enough money saved for this project to either get things rolling for around 20 bands doing tapes, or 1 band doing a record. With the way I see it, I'd much rather help those 20 bands get something in their hands that will hopefully lead to vinyl down the line, rather than crash and burn before this gets any forward momentum.

Good for you. I really did enjoy each group I listened to. Hope to be able to help you out and add to the cause!

With the way I want to approach this with the artists I'm working with, I'm just wanting to celebrate the idea of a unique physical release without the burden of a lot of debt.  I have enough money saved for this project to either get things rolling for around 20 bands doing tapes, or 1 band doing a record.  With the way I see it, I'd much rather help those 20 bands get something in their hands that will hopefully lead to vinyl down the line, rather than crash and burn before this gets any forward momentum. 

It definitely makes sense and is smart on your end.

picked up other minds and sky flying. stuff is looking good, man!

and I'm going to PM you my band's first album later tonight. I think you'll dig it.

thank you so much for the support!  that really means a lot, i appreciate it!

and yea, please send it my way, accepting any and all submissions still, want to keep this moving forward like crazy.

ordered all three. good luck man. i definitely think you've got the right idea with not trying to go too big too fast and sink a bunch of money into vinyl for your first releases.

(also just a heads up your twitter link might be broken: http://twitter.com/fleshandbonerecords

i hope it wasn't hijacked by that pervy online corduroy store Flesh And Boner E-Cords)

ordered all three. good luck man. i definitely think you've got the right idea with not trying to go too big too fast and sink a bunch of money into vinyl for your first releases.

(also just a heads up your twitter link might be broken: http://twitter.com/fleshandbonerecords

i hope it wasn't hijacked by that pervy online corduroy store Flesh And Boner E-Cords)

wow, amazing!  thank you so much for that, honestly!  i'm trying to do this right so it doesn't sting me, and most importantly, it doesn't sting the artists i'm working with.  i want it to be a positive experience for everyone, so right now it's just these simple releases, low numbers, and just a bunch of fun.

good call on the twitter!  it's actually supposed to be twitter.com/fleshandbonerec - my bad!

this is awesome! very cool bands too, checking out Other Minds right now...very chill I dig it. If you want to release some instrumental Red Sparowes-y influenced stuff from AZ, I'm your guy :) but seriously, this is very cool, and I like your mindset to be able to just get the music out there regardless of the format, its the way things should be. Mad props and congrats!

Those cassettes are fucking cool!

this is awesome! very cool bands too, checking out Other Minds right now...very chill I dig it. If you want to release some instrumental Red Sparowes-y influenced stuff from AZ, I'm your guy :) but seriously, this is very cool, and I like your mindset to be able to just get the music out there regardless of the format, its the way things should be. Mad props and congrats!

thank you for all the kind words everyone, honestly!  it really means a lot, especially coming from community members here.  i'd love to hear the music you're talking about, kjkenney!  send me a PM with a link to listen to it!

just to let everyone know, band announcement / full album stream on monday, another full album stream and pre-orders of the two albums that are streaming next week go up on Thursday!

thank you for all the kind words everyone, honestly! it really means a lot, especially coming from community members here. i'd love to hear the music you're talking about, kjkenney! send me a PM with a link to listen to it!

just to let everyone know, band announcement / full album stream on monday, another full album stream and pre-orders of the two albums that are streaming next week go up on Thursday!

I hope one of these pre orders is for Raintree. I'll be first in line for that preorder

I hope one of these pre orders is for Raintree. I'll be first in line for that preorder

Yes!  That was one that was already made clear by them, that they're releasing the album next thursday.  So yes, Raintree will be one of the two pre-orders that goes up next week.  Did you listen to the new song up on www.fleshandbone.bandcamp.com ?  It's so good!

Yes! That was one that was already made clear by them, that they're releasing the album next thursday. So yes, Raintree will be one of the two pre-orders that goes up next week. Did you listen to the new song up on www.fleshandbone.bandcamp.com ? It's so good!

I guess I missed that part or something. My bad haha. That new song was great! I'm excited to hear the album