PO: The Rentals *Lost In Alphaville*

I was so excited for this album, and every track is one from Songs About Time... :(

Granted they're apparently re-recorded and "Thought of Sound" sounds really good but I was really hoping for SOME new material. They posted forever ago that they were hoping to do this (take the best from SAT and make a new widely distributed album) but I was hoping enough time had passed that he had some new songs to throw in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got this email from Polyvinyl:

"Unfortunately, due to some unforeseen delays at the vinyl plant we received the LPs much later than expected and will not be able to ship your order out today as originally planned.

Rest assured, though -- our mailorder team will be working around the clock to get them shipped ASAP and you will receive an e-mail from us next week when your package is in the mail.

Until then, you can download the entire album from your downloads page right now!"

Until then, you can download the entire album from your downloads page right now!"

Got the same email. Because I didn't set up an account with them when I ordered it, I apparently can't download the album. Yay!

Scratch that, found my downloads in my confirmation email. On the double plus side I used the 'We screwed up' coupon code to get a scratch and dent copy of the American Football repress for $13.

Ordered the Early Bird edition last night, received shipping confirmation today.

anyone ever get Songs about Time? for some reason I skipped that one. is it worth the $60 price tag?

I bought way back when the only way to get the vinyl was to buy the huge package deal. Almost everything on it is great (IMO).

I was a little irked when I saw that this album was all SAT rehashes, but all of them have gotten a complete overhaul. I'm really liking this album so far and I love how he's taken the songs to a whole new level.

I bought way back when the only way to get the vinyl was to buy the huge package deal. Almost everything on it is great (IMO).

I was a little irked when I saw that this album was all SAT rehashes, but all of them have gotten a complete overhaul. I'm really liking this album so far and I love how he's taken the songs to a whole new level.

Same here. Some of the original SAT material came off as a little sparse, but the re-recordings are great.

Bummer. Don't think we'll see Return of... or Seven More Minutes on vinyl any time soon according to Matt: 

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/08/21/matt-sharp-talks-about-the-first-rentals-album-in-15-years/

Will we ever see those first two Rentals albums get a reissue?

I really wanted Polyvinyl to release both the first album and the second album before this album came out on vinyl and do something special with it. But those albums are still under the big corporate major label umbrella and for whatever reason we cannot seem to wrangle them away from them. They’ve made it very difficult to share it with everybody. I don’t know if there’s any ill intent. To them I think it’s just insignificant.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a ton for the patience to all who pre-ordered! It's a bummer when that happens, but we appreciate the heck out of you guys. I don't think I've ever packed orders that fast in my life!

It wasn't too bad in the scheme of things. Most of us here are pretty rational (don't go in a Brand New or Blink 182 thread though).

Wait were these late? I didn't even pay enough attention to notice. I guess when you consistently are looking at 40 some odd incoming items you lose track unless things get really delayed (cough cough glassjaw).

Just by a few days. Though Polyvinyl usually has stuff in your hands a week before release so I guess it could be seen as late by their standards.