Need $ for security deposit vinyl addiction led to divorce

Guest punko9

Guest punko9

Please shoot me a PM with offers. Not sure how to sell on here so any advice would be awesome as well. All sealed unless noted otherwise. Will ship Monday if any sell.

Blink 182- Enema of the state(splatter)

Blink 182-The mark, Tom.....(splatter)

Brand New-TDAGARIM (red/666 unplayed but slight bend in one corner)

The Hold Steady-Boys and girls in America (pink, played but NM vinyl& sleeve)

Millencolin-Pennybridge pioneers(red, orange, & brown variants)

Millencolin-Life on a plate(Blue & yellow but yellow was opened and played once still NM)

Millencolin-for monkeys(brown & green variants)

Boys Night Out- trainwreck(hot topic)

Senses fail-Still Searching (coke clear & red/200)

Boxcar racer-s/t(maroon)

Mad Caddies-keep it going(gold)

Nofx-so long.....(brown)

The lillingtons- Backchannel broadcast(panic button1st press)

Punk-o-Rama (green)

Bouncing souls-hopeless romantic(black & orange variants)

Bouncing souls-S/T(black, gold & red variants)

Bouncing souls-how I spent(blue)

Green day- demolicious(clear RSD)

Green day-Dookie (green)

Green day-warning(pink)

Osker-Idle Will Kill(pink)

Alkaline trio- remains(mint green opened played NM)

Alkaline trio- remains(black)

Alkaline trio- broken wings(blue)

Alkaline trio- my shame is true(pink opened)

Buck o nine- twenty eight teeth

Big D and the kids table-strictly rude(colored)

Rancid-AOCTW(red)

Pietasters-Willis

The Distillers- sing sing death house

US Bomb- war birth

Get up kids- four minute mile(clear)

Alkaline trio-agony & irony(tan & red variants)

Bosstones-devils night out(sealed unknown color)

Bosstones-let's face it(red)ring wear but sealed

Bosstones- let's face it(red/white w/o OBI stipe)

Bosstones- let's face it(white)

Nerf herder- how to meet girls

The network-money money(blue)

Streetlight Manifesto-everything goes numb(clear/smoke & blue/green putty variants)

Motion city soundtrack-even if it kills me

Motion city soundtrack/matchbook romance 10"(white)

More to be added later tonight. Please shoot me an offer. I have an opened copy that has been played of every sealed one for sale. If u don't mind they have been played and don't want to pay more for a sealed copy please specify.

Guest punko9

I moved into a small apartment while going through divorce. Now in order to see my kids I have to get a bigger place. U need a 2 bedroom so kids can have their own room in NY. At least what my lawyer says. I left her cause I was treated like shit and I have to pay her now for being treated like shit. It's hard to come up with a security deposit when 24% goes to her and I get stuck with the debt. Gotta love how the system works. Anyways no bullshit story just need some cash. Please don't tear me a new one like u have others on here. I can send pics w/ or w/o socks upon demand. Thanks for the help.

If all that's legitimate, I wish you the best of luck in your sales and finding a new place to see your kids.  The system is definitely skewed more often than not, and it sucks to hear that you've got the short end of the stick.

I can send pics w/ or w/o socks upon demand. Thanks for the help.

This made me laugh, though.  Good sport.  Someone help this dude out.

wait, hold the phone. Look at the OP title "Vinyl addiction led to divorce"

While I don't think it's fair to prod at the exact details - because even as potential buyers, it's not exactly any of our business - it's possible that he used "addiction" as an exaggeration, and this his wife perhaps lost her shit over his vinyl purchases.

Guest punko9

I always buy 3. 1 to listen to, 1 for my collection, and I usually put one away for kids college fund. I figure when they get older it's a better investment cause if they had cash they'd blow it. At least this way they can sell them as they need to. No blowing it all at once. Who knows if some of these will be worth anything in the future but at least they can get involved with an interest of mine. They can hear all the music that I loved growing up. The ones I'm selling are from my personal collection. I'm keeping the opened ones to enjoy unless I don't reach the goal. Then I'll part with most.

I always buy 3. 1 to listen to, 1 for my collection, and I usually put one away for kids college fund. I figure when they get older it's a better investment cause if they had cash they'd blow it. At least this way they can sell them as they need to. No blowing it all at once. Who knows if some of these will be worth anything in the future but at least they can get involved with an interest of mine.

So many questions

I moved into a small apartment while going through divorce. Now in order to see my kids I have to get a bigger place. U need a 2 bedroom so kids can have their own room in NY. At least what my lawyer says. I left her cause I was treated like shit and I have to pay her now for being treated like shit. It's hard to come up with a security deposit when 24% goes to her and I get stuck with the debt. Gotta love how the system works. Anyways no bullshit story just need some cash. Please don't tear me a new one like u have others on here. I can send pics w/ or w/o socks upon demand. Thanks for the help.

Firstly, I am really sorry to hear about your situation. That sucks dude. My parents went through a nasty divorce that still isn't over and I can empathize with you. It really fucked with me and my sister. 

However, you claim that a few of us "tore you a new one"? You did it to yourself dude. You came on the boards flipping records. In fact you even messaged me a few days after buying a copy of Backchannel Broadcast off of Jughead (for $35 because I know how much he sold them to everyone for) and asked how much I thought it was worth. I told you what I thought it was worth (although I didn't think that you'd be selling it) and saw it the next morning on eBay for $150! That's an absurd price and a pretty lame thing to do. I'd have a lot more respect for someone flipping a record if they just came out and said 'Hey, I don't have enough money right now to afford food" or "My hydro is about to get shut off if I don't pay my next bill". You know? I could easily empathize with someone if they needed the money. I feel like kind of a dick for ranting right now, but I just wanted to clear the air. 

Firstly, I am really sorry to hear about your situation. That sucks dude. My parents went through a nasty divorce that still isn't over and I can empathize with you. It really fucked with me and my sister. 

However, you claim that a few of us "tore you a new one"? You did it to yourself dude. You came on the boards flipping records. In fact you even messaged me a few days after buying a copy of Backchannel Broadcast off of Jughead (for $35 because I know how much he sold them to everyone for) and asked how much I thought it was worth. I told you what I thought it was worth (although I didn't think that you'd be selling it) and saw it the next morning on eBay for $150! That's an absurd price and a pretty lame thing to do. I'd have a lot more respect for someone flipping a record if they just came out and said 'Hey, I don't have enough money right now to afford food" or "My hydro is about to get shut off if I don't pay my next bill". You know? I could easily empathize with someone if they needed the money. I feel like kind of a dick for ranting right now, but I just wanted to clear the air. 

Wait, so this isn't the dude's first round here at VC?  I feel like I missed something.  I assume his "tear me a new one" comment was in reference to a lot of us [including myself] hassling new members for ridiculous sale threads.  (i.e. obvious flipping, seeking sealed copies of Blink-182 albums, etc.)

Wait, so this isn't the dude's first round here at VC?  I feel like I missed something.  I assume his "tear me a new one" comment was in reference to a lot of us [including myself] hassling new members for ridiculous sale threads.  (i.e. obvious flipping, seeking sealed copies of Blink-182 albums, etc.)

I hate to sound "full of myself", but I'm pretty sure that was about me. I called him out in this thread about flipping records on discogs and eBay. 

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/102325-please-help-i-need-rbf-ttro-hot-topic/#entry1915016