So, did you all hear about The Blood Brothers reunion?

They're playing a show here, I'm going to try and go.

Awesome!  Living in Seattle must have its perks. :)  I wish... never got a chance to see them, and they prob won't play anywhere near my area.  I can only hope for a new record, and that it does justice to the legacy.

God I hope not, last three albums they released were awful

2ewcsv4.png

Don't think this is a troll post, they were actually quite bad.

Yeah, not trolling.......This Adultery Is Ripe rules, March On Electric Children was good, Burn Piano Island was good but the production was over the top........everything beyond that was a bummer, I don't want to hear a spazzy hardcore tinged band attempted to croon over soft mid tempo music with an occasional yelp and blast beat thrown in

Young Machetes is probably my favorite Blood Brothers album, and I worship the band's whole discography. That record is so fucking weird and awesome. some of my fave BB songs, Dream Unicorn, Rat Rider, AK-47....yes please. 

i guess i can see how people would be turned off by them, but i don't know how they would've topped Burn Piano Island without overhauling their sound a bit, that record is basically the classic BB sound pushed to the limits. 

head wound city rules pretty hard too. 

Young Machetes is my least favorite BB album.  I listened to it quite a bit when that last repress happened in an attempt to convince myself to buy it, still couldn't really get into it.  I don't flat out dislike it like I used to, but I couldn't talk myself into buying it either.  Giant Swans gets stuck in my head a lot though.

I can't trust anyone who describes Burn Piano Island Burn as "awful." You're off the Christmas card list.

BPIB ain't awful, it was late when I posted this....I thought there was another blunderously awful album between their demise and BPIB......but seriously, post BPIB they have maybe 1-2 songs I could get behind.....and I gave those albums so many chances, just not my jams at all

• 1 month later...