PO: David Bazan & Passenger String Quartet

I ADORE Bazan. 

And I almost pre-ordered this without even listening to the songs.  But work got crazy, and I didn't end up buying it right away.  And now, after streaming a few of them, I feel like the strings are almost too loud... its hard to hear the main parts of the song: the vocals and the guitar. 

Thoughts?

Sounds good to me so far, but I can understand some of the complaints about the strings being too upfront. Very excited to be able to listen to it right away too. I'll be interested in seeing what is on Vol. 2.

I hope the tour comes somewhere near me...

ah... just realized it says "volume 1"

I'm really pumped for this. I've listened to the couple of youtube videos of him playing with the strings >100 times. 

I'm also excited for volume 2!

Seconded! (Thirded!? maybe)

Yeah I just saw that. Bummer. Immediate download at least? haha

* CD and Vinyl orders get links to download 320 MP3s and High Resolution 24/96 WAVs immediately after purchase is complete.

Yeah that's what I was talking about, I was saying regardless of the pre-order date at least it comes with an immediate digital download. Thanks for reiterating :)

I am one of the biggest fans of Bazan around. I don't have any stories like we're buddies or whatever, but I am a big fan boy. I got into PTL hearing a song on a T$N comp back in 1997, been a fan ever since. I just need to say: that I'm not very interested in hearing old songs set to orchestration!

Some of these caught me by surprise. Some of these didn't come out as good as I hoped. 

I love Bazan more than most people... he's my favorite artist of all-time. I ordered this but I'm not as pleased as I want to be. I really think this could've been put together a little better. This seems to be recorded live in the same room. I wish they would've tracked it more traditionally, but that's just my opinion. 

Second Best, The Poison, In Stitches and Secret of the Easy Yoke would've been fantastic for this.