Coming Soon: Closure in Moscow - Pink Lemonade

According to their latest Facebook update, the band is waiting to receive a test press of the vinyl. They said a preorder should be up "soon", though there was no indication as to how soon "soon" is.

The CD just got US distribution, so hopefully people on the US side of the world won't have to pay Australian prices for the album.

I dug "First Temple" but haven't listened to Pink Lemonade yet. But I predicted that they would go the same route as Foxy Shazam and get worse as the focus shifted from the band to the singer.

I don't think it's any more vocal centric than FT or the EP. It's more varied in style for sure. Think about the Mars Volta's progression between Deloused and Frances (if you're familiar) and you'll be on the right track for Pink Lemonade.

But as we're going into June, it is album of the year for me.

Oh, they just replied to my question of when we could expect the preorder. I asked if it would be July or August and they said "possibly sooner, we'll keep you posted." So we could be seeing a PO by the end of the month!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AND SHIPPING IS $30.20. Is this for real? $66.56 for one album. I don't normally participate in the 'here's how much a record should cost' argument, but this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Very disappointed.

Goddamn it. This is what I was afraid of. $36 is already pushing it, but $30 to ship? Hopefully they'll get some kind of US distro for it like they did the CD.