PSA - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon as low as $290?

this is sort of an odd deal and a bit of a gamble, but I think it will work.

Musician's Friend is offering 15% off gift cards with code GIFTCERT15

Buy a $340 gift card for $289 and then wait a week or so until their next 15% off coupon code comes up.  Get the code applied, pay with the gift card, and you are set.

You'll have to call to get the second (hypothetical) coupon code applied and it's not 100% that the rep will give you the 15%, but people are typically successful.

so, I have been real close to buying a Debut Carbon for a while now. I just bought a $355 gift card for $301.75 with the idea of buying a "used"(but in mint condition) one they have online for $352. but then I came here and read your idea of waiting for another discount. not sure which to do now. any huge reason not to just buy the one i was planning to? any advice is appreciated... 

so, I have been real close to buying a Debut Carbon for a while now. I just bought a $355 gift card for $301.75 with the idea of buying a "used"(but in mint condition) one they have online for $352. but then I came here and read your idea of waiting for another discount. not sure which to do now. any huge reason not to just buy the one i was planning to? any advice is appreciated... 

reasons:

1)  it's used

2) you could get a new one and pay less

reasons:

1)  it's used

2) you could get a new one and pay less

okay, very true. I guess I'm just a really impatient person. in this situation, I think I'd probably regret buying the used one later. so I'll wait it out. but do these 15% sales really happen all that often? I get emails from them but haven't notice/ maybe haven't payed attention until the last few months.

edit: additional reason to buy new: I could get the piano black version.

I purchased a record from insound in the past and they randomly gave me a coupon code for 30% and I applied it to a debut carbon and with free shipping (since it was over a certain amount of money), my total was $340. I don't know how helpful any of this is, I just wanted to let you know the route I took. It's a gamble if you'll receive a code but they definitely let me apply it for the turntable.

I purchased a record from insound in the past and they randomly gave me a coupon code for 30% and I applied it to a debut carbon and with free shipping (since it was over a certain amount of money), my total was $340. I don't know how helpful any of this is, I just wanted to let you know the route I took. It's a gamble if you'll receive a code but they definitely let me apply it for the turntable.

Nice! that's a solid discount. I've already got the Gift card for Musicians Friend now and I'll just have to wait and try and get them to apply the next 15% off coupon on the Debut Carbon. not really excited about making that phone call but in the end it will be worth it.

I'm saying instead of waiting for a sale call and ask for a discount. Worked for me. The discounted gift card deal is smart, I would have done it if I could.

I think Tardcore was responding to Teamocils comment. Thanks for the tip. I will probably call them on Monday or Tuesday. they even have a phone number in bold at the top of their website next to "looking for coupons?".

worth a shot. I'm so excited. yo, Tardcore. I've seen you pretty active in the gear threads. Can you recommend an existing topic thread where i can get advice on a setup to go with this tt specifically? I've searched around a lot but I'm getting pretty random search results with people just mentioning the Debut Carbon.

Musicians Friend just sent me an email with a code for 20% off! and it worked on the Debut Carbon without even having to call them. my life just got really awesome.

Too bad you didn't know about Ebates. You could have gotten another 4% back or $15.96. Not huge deal but something more. Still a great deal that you got.

Too bad you didn't know about Ebates. You could have gotten another 4% back or $15.96. Not huge deal but something more. Still a great deal that you got.

I actually do know about it but I forgot to use it when I bought the gift card. not a big huge deal but it would have added to the glory of the combined savings.