Low Roar is a response to the unknown; a vivid portrait of those life-altering moments stained with equal parts hope and melancholy. Project of Ryan Karazija, formerly of Audrye Sessions (Black Seal), Low Roar is the incarnation of change, atmosphere, and loneliness after a move from San Francisco, California to Reykjavík, Iceland. His self-titled emotive, twelve song debut chronicles the challenges of starting anew in a foreign land and is an honest depiction of the struggles to acclimate, find work, and support his family in the Icelandic winter. The album’s opening lyrics ‘I won’t wake a wealthy man someday, cause the sun don’t follow me’ begin to tell Low Roar’s story.

Low Roar draws from ambient influences, especially on single, “Tonight, Tonight, Tonight,” a sultry electro-washed song, recalling late 90’s era Radiohead. The album takes the listener on Karazija’s unsettled journey conveying emotion with yearning choruses and haunting strings in simple, yet stark, classical arrangements, alongside optimistic melodies and folk-styled songs. Combining elements of post rock with minimalist tones and sonically aligning with the change and introversion of fall, Low Roar released on November 1st, 2011, by Tonequake Records.

So, Low Roar, which is quite a somber, introspective ambient/indie-folk project is holding a pre-order for the to-be-released second album on Pledgemusic.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/lowroar

You can listen to the self-titled debut album in full here.

There is a bunch of options to get the album either on CD or LP, lots of exclusive variants. The prices on Pledgemusic are quite high but as for the debut album - the only one I've seen goes on Discogs for 200€ so the ones that are available on Pledgemusic as a bundle with the upcoming second album are indeed a bargain. I think the double album bundle might indeed be the most cost-efficient.

It's only the last two days to get in before it's done so, if interested, give it a listen

So, Low Roar, which is quite a somber, introspective ambient/indie-folk project is holding a pre-order for the to-be-released second album on Pledgemusic.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/lowroar

You can listen to the self-titled debut album in full here.

There is a bunch of options to get the album either on CD or LP, lots of exclusive variants. The prices on Pledgemusic are quite high but as for the debut album - the only one I've seen goes on Discogs for 200€ so the ones that are available on Pledgemusic as a bundle with the upcoming second album are indeed a bargain. I think the double album bundle might indeed be the most cost-efficient.

It's only the last two days to get in before it's done so, if interested, give it a listen

The first record is listed on Discogs for €200, but has never sold for it.

You can buy it for a much saner price here:

http://tonequake.com/shop/low-roar-physical-album?mode=Xproduct-drilldown&artist_name=

or here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B0RRP2I/ref=s9_simh_co_p15_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=typ-top-left-1&pf_rd_r=0TJQ20Q1Z5JZR8SXF323&pf_rd_t=3201&pf_rd_p=1780082482&pf_rd_i=typ01

The price was so sane (and the trans-Atlantic shipping so reasonable) that I bought it. I listened to this first:

http://lowroar.bandcamp.com/

My girlfriend said it sounded like Radiohead. I see her point, but the difference is, this is good.

Ahh, indeed. Thanks for the heads up.

I must confess I didn't really do much research as to whether it would be available somewhere else. Just assumed it was the case seeing as it was the only one on sale on Discogs and with that price, I reckoned it would be a rare item. Even so, that seller on did seem delusional to me...

Not sure if the ones being sold through Pledgemusic are a repress or have had any changes made to it but I read a review on Modern Vinyl that wasn't very impressed by the debut album release as a package so it might be worth waiting for it. That is, if it is indeed a repress.

Thumbs up on the Radiohead reference. I've yet to understand the charm of Thom Yorke's vocals and for some reason I can't be bothered to try harder either. I know lots of people who swear by Radiohead but for some reason I also never caught the bug. The dude whose project this is, is really into them as well so that would explain the similarities.

• 2 weeks later...