PO: The Gaslight Anthem - Get Hurt

1 hour ago, colbourne25 said:

Found the double pic disc for a really good price. Before I pull the trigger can someone tell me if the sound quality is any good?

My first copy was a defective pressing, so watch out for that. As far as sound, it doesn't sound any worse than any other picture disc(not the best),

• 3 years later...

This was already posted in the Walmart thread but I wanted to also post it here for those interested.

Walmart is selling an exclusive "red and clear" variant. Some are speculating that this is the tour press /300 but I find that hard to believe since you can add 100 copies to your cart per order (not to mention how odd it would be for copies of a 2014 pressing to show up at Walmart 7 years later).

It is weird that they would repress another red and clear variant but that wouldn't be the first time that's happened with  a TGA album.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gaslight-Anthem-Get-Hurt-Limited-Edition/214618878

Edited by jerseypride

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, colbourne25 said:

Looks like a couple of sealed copies of the tour variant have popped up on Discogs... I assume the Walmart press matches that of the Red/Clear split...

It is the red/clear split but it is not a tour exclusive and it probably isn't limited to 300.

The pressing info for the possible tour variant (half red/half clear) may not be accurate, as the numbers were never officially announced from a credible source. The info was first posted on a message board, which was relayed from someone who bought the tour variant and either saw a sign at the merch booth/table saying “limited to 300 copies” or he was told by the merch guy. The same person also said there was nothing noting that the half red/half clear was in fact a tour exclusive, he was just assuming it was. Yet another reason why you can’t trust what anyone says on a message board or other sites where all the info is user submitted without any sort of proof required.

https://stitchesandgrooves.wordpress.com/2014/12/23/the-gaslight-anthem-get-hurt-regular-edition-german-pressing-w-bonus-7-deluxe-edition/

6 hours ago, jerseypride said:

I thought the red/clear tour variant had a hype sticker saying it was a tour variant and that it was /300. Could be misremembering. 

The hype sticker only called out "Exclusive Red and Clear Split Coloured Vinyl" but not the actual pressing number. The pressing info was written on a piece of paper at the merch table during the tour.  I suppose it's possible that it was a larger pressing and only 300 were available on that tour. It doesn't seem logical that a major label (Island) would do such a small pressing solely for a tour.

Edited by glass realms

1 hour ago, glass realms said:

The hype sticker only called out "Exclusive Red and Clear Split Coloured Vinyl" but not the actual pressing number. The pressing info written on paper the merch table during the tour.  I suppose it's possible that it was a larger pressing and only 300 were available on that tour. It doesn't seem logical that a major label (Island) would do such a small pressing solely for a tour.

Ah ok. Thanks. This whole thing is just bizarre. As weird as it is for a major to do such a small pressing, it's almost as odd that additional copies don't see the light of day for 7 years and then show up at Walmart. 

https://ibb.co/s1MyTsn

nothing makes me feel older and outdated then trying to share a picture on this site. 

Anyways here is a photo of my Walmart copy that just came. Idk what the original hype stickers looked like since I didn’t see any photos on Discogs. But the record it’s self looks exactly the same. 

Looks like it's the same pressing as the tour press. Hype sticker is exactly the same as is the download hype sticker. I'm guessing the original pressing was more than 300 copies and the band was just given 300 copies for the tour. It's possible that they were going to sell the rest online? But didn't they go on hiatus immediately after the Get Hurt tour?

55 minutes ago, glass realms said:

Looks like it's the same pressing as the tour press. Hype sticker is exactly the same as is the download hype sticker. I'm guessing the original pressing was more than 300 copies and the band was just given 300 copies for the tour. It's possible that they were going to sell the rest online? But didn't they go on hiatus immediately after the Get Hurt tour?

Mine only had the mp3 coupon sticker. 

Can someone with a Wal-Mart copy post the matrix etchings in the dead wax?

I have a 2014 copy from the tour and this is what it has:

Side A: "B0021185-01A RJ STERLING"

Side B: "B0021185-01B RJ STERLING"

For both sides everything is hand-etched except for the word "STERLING", which is machine-pressed

EDIT: I just checked Discogs and these matrix etchings above aren't unique to the red/clear pressing so I'm not sure how useful this info will be unless the Wal-Mart copies have a completely different etching.

Edited by jerseypride

2 hours ago, jerseypride said:

Can someone with a Wal-Mart copy post the matrix etchings in the dead wax?

I have a 2014 copy from the tour and this is what it has:

Side A: "B0021185-01A RJ STERLING"

Side B: "B0021185-01B RJ STERLING"

For both sides everything is hand-etched except for the word "STERLING", which is machine-pressed

EDIT: I just checked Discogs and these matrix etchings above aren't unique to the red/clear pressing so I'm not sure how useful this info will be unless the Wal-Mart copies have a completely different etching.

Just checked.  They're the same.

So on discogs they created this as a "Repress", but do we have any evidence to show this isn't the same copies as the tour ones? Something special that was included? Different sticker? Matrix is the same, copyright says 2014. I'm sure the owners of the "tour" one aren't happy if that's the case. Listings over there are $140 vs $35 on the Walmart listing, but I don't know anything is different at the moment.

Good stuff.

3 hours ago, glass realms said:

It's the same pressing. Benny from TGA confirmed it via Twitter. I have the "tour press" but I don't care about more copies being out in the wild. But I am glad I sold my extra copy for 2 bills back when it was thought to be only 300 copies.

Good stuff. Link to the tweet for those interested. Now I gotta decide whether to keep this one or the deluxe 2xLP Picture disc. My guess is this variant is /500. No way Walmart sold more than 200 copies of this, but we may never know.

10 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Good stuff.

Good stuff. Link to the tweet for those interested. Now I gotta decide whether to keep this one or the deluxe 2xLP Picture disc. My guess is this variant is /500. No way Walmart sold more than 200 copies of this, but we may never know.

I would think it's likely they sold more than 200. I myself bought two, and I wouldn't underestimate the "I want vinyl because I want to be retro and hip" crowd just picking up random shit that looks cool.