PO: The Gaslight Anthem - Get Hurt

Saw them last night. Great set. I had seen some set lists recently in support of get hurt and it was pretty close to what they were playing for handwritten. Pleasantly surprised to get a very different batch of songs. Didn't get have mercy but oh well. I won't say too many specifics to avoid spoilers.

They have some pretty crazy lighting going on right now, though. It was kinda shitty -- you'd get blinded by them at times they were so bright. Definitely not "red lights for fast songs and blue lights for slow ones" anymore.

Saw them last night. Great set. I had seen some set lists recently in support of get hurt and it was pretty close to what they were playing for handwritten. Pleasantly surprised to get a very different batch of songs. Didn't get have mercy but oh well. I won't say too many specifics to avoid spoilers.

They have some pretty crazy lighting going on right now, though. It was kinda shitty -- you'd get blinded by them at times they were so bright. Definitely not "red lights for fast songs and blue lights for slow ones" anymore.

Definitely agreee on the lighting, but luckily they only used them for a couple songs. They did play Have Mercy in DC though right before the encore. It was probably my favorite of the night. All in all, even with some stinkers on the new album, Gaslight's live show is still super fun. Now if only their crowds in DC weren't terrible  :P

Definitely agreee on the lighting, but luckily they only used them for a couple songs. They did play Have Mercy in DC though right before the encore. It was probably my favorite of the night. All in all, even with some stinkers on the new album, Gaslight's live show is still super fun. Now if only their crowds in DC weren't terrible  :P

Most crowds of that size are terrible... I wouldn't limit it to Gaslight fans.

If you want to see the Detroit setlist. Pretty different from what you got:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2014/the-fillmore-detroit-detroit-mi-3bcf28cc.html

Not saying one set of songs is better than the other, but I was happy to see them after they seem to have mixed it up from the handwritten tours. Definitely glad they put Film Noir to bed for a while (hopefully) and Old Haunts was an awesome surprise.

Yeah, I thought we got a really good set in Detroit. I was happy about that. When Brian start talking about "Once Upon A Time," my buddy and I started yelling, and some ass next to me goes, "Wow, why are you so excited?" Then, they proceeded to play the hell out of that song. That's such a great b-side cover.

i actually enjoy this one a lot more than handwritten 

could have came out right after american slang...has a very similar sound

I agree. Not their best album but a big improvement from Handwritten. Selected Poems and Dark Places are actually better than a lot of the material on American Slang I think.

This email just came out from Infinite Merch:

We have great news regarding the GET HURT vinyl! We just received confirmation from the pressing plant that they were able to expedite the vinyl pressing and have shipped the GET HURT vinyl to the Infinite Merch warehouse.

We should be receiving the vinyl tomorrow and will immediately start packing your orders to begin shipping when the United States Post Office opens first thing Monday morning!

We will be shipping orders in the order they were received, starting with the oldest orders first.

Thank you for your continued patience!

Infinite Merch

Looks like we'll finally be getting our splatter version.

Looks like we'll finally be getting our splatter version.

Just came here to post this. Really excited to finally get this. The picture disc really doesn't sound all that bad, but regardless I'm stoked to hear this pressing. I wonder if it will be as bare-bones as the retail black variant. Probably...

Tour (?) Variant. /300 Although, there was nothing at the merch table to indicate that it was exclusive to the tour. With the delay on the splatter version, it wouldn't surprise me if they "accidentally" pressed this half and half and this will be the one that Infinite Merch will be sending out this week.

IMG_9906_zps9ce2834d.jpg

Just curious, for the folks who bought the regular black retail pressing, did it come with a lyric insert? Or was it just the record and the flimsy cover?

It came with a nice lyric insert. The cover isn't flimsy, it's not as nice as the jacket for Handwritten but it's a decent one. 

Tour (?) Variant. /300 Although, there was nothing at the merch table to indicate that it was exclusive to the tour. With the delay on the splatter version, it wouldn't surprise me if they "accidentally" pressed this half and half and this will be the one that Infinite Merch will be sending out this week.

IMG_9906_zps9ce2834d.jpg

Where did you get the info that this was /300?