heartbreaking...

Man, i was on ebay and ready to bid on the Lawrence arms - greatest stories on burgandy vinyl with one minute left my crappy laptop loses connection right when i entered my amount.

I Lost... and it ened for 36.00. man o man...

sad night...

Am i the only one this happens to?

it seems like its always some stupid reason that keeps me from winning any of my favorites from ebay.

Imagine what it was like for us old guys before the Internet. I used to mailorder everything. And most places had this deal where you could call and pre-order something, then you had to get payment to them within ten days. So I found this 7" I'd been looking for forever, super rare, and I preordered it. This was in about 1992. I sent the money order to the record store, which was in Boston (I was in Delaware, about a 5 hour drive away). Well, my money order didn't get there in 10 days because of the F-ing postal service and I didn't get the 7". I finally found the record on ebay about 6 months ago. I paid $40 for it. Back then it would have been about $7.

I was watching this totally rare cisco bottle from NOFX once. I was ready to pay up to $100.00 for it, and I was bidding against a freak when it comes to NOFX that would've totally overbid me I knew that but it was worth the shot.

In the end we both forgot to bid and it went for like $55.00 a total steal. I missed the auction by like 3 mins. fuck