THE BEATLES - The Original Mono Studio Albums Remastered

Weren't they reissued in 1982 in Japan? They're very rare though.

Yep, the Japanese did reissue a couple all-mono vinyl sets in the 80s. I don't think you've been able to buy the White Album as a mono press by ITSELF since the first run in 1968 (?). I might be wrong tho.

I am NOT wrong about the insane current prices of said Japanese mono box sets tho.... Puts that $336 into perspective, right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/111381697345?lpid=82

Yep, the Japanese did reissue a couple all-mono vinyl sets in the 80s. I don't think you've been able to buy the White Album as a mono press by ITSELF since the first run in 1968 (?). I might be wrong tho.

I am NOT wrong about the insane current prices of said Japanese mono box sets tho.... Puts that $336 into perspective, right?

Man what happened to the good ol' days of eBay when bids started at 99 cents hahah

I've got a UK pressing from (I believe) 1978, it's on white vinyl and has both the Mono and Stereo catalog numbers on the spine. No idea which way it plays though, as it's still sealed. Could be a later (than 1968) non-Japanese mono pressing though. The dual catalog thing is odd.

I have an 81-82 mono White Album that I bought from a reseller a couple years ago... not sure if it was part of a larger box set, but I paid quite a bit for it.

http://www.discogs.com/Beatles-The-Beatles/release/4546697

Just came to put my 2¢ in. This set is amazing. I already have a complete set of stereos+Monos but I'm still tempted to pick this set up. EXTREMELY undervalued for what you are getting here. It seems like they have a lot of potential to be the best mono pressings ever produced.

Do I think I'll throw my UK mono 1st pressings on eBay? Probably not. But I will definitely supplement them with these, and I don't think I would bother to seek any of them out had this set been released before I started collecting (save for that -1 cut Revolver mispressing with the alternate Tomorrow Never Knows)

EMI/Apple should definitely be supported for taking the constructive criticism to heart and starting over from scratch even though the project was already at the test pressing stage when cut from digital. I know I will recommend this set to every record purchaser I know.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting more and more interested in these as things go along. Probably will get Rubber Soul, Sgt Pepper and Revolver. Is Help in this set though? If it is will probably get that as well. 

I also really like how this forum is not overly pretentious about the digital vs analogue thing either. I personally really like a lot of hi res digital transfers on vinyl (MOV etc) and although an AAA transfer is preferred, I really don't mind as much as others (on other forums predominantly) do it seems, and I think my rig is relatively resolving. I/'m getting over the eternal debate, it never ends and no one ever admits they lost. Waste of time when we could be talking about awesome new releases that sound great despite the transfer or mastering method!

• 1 month later...